“Sports Bar friendly (rowdy on the wknd's)”
Review of White Horse Tavern

White Horse Tavern
Ranked #1,491 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Bar
Neighborhood: Allston / Brighton
Neighborhood: Allston / Brighton
New York City, New York
“Sports Bar friendly (rowdy on the wknd's)”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Huge bar in Allston, Mass. absolutely awesome when your inside, plenty of places to sit, beautiful set up, decor and ambience, huge tv's def. a nice sports bar and also a nice outdoor area. Can't say I stayed here long because there was no seating room for the World Cup Final so we moved onto the next bar, but ill def be back at this place when I visit my older sister and write up a follow up review. This place def. has to be fun.

• Visited May 2012

Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“Free pool Saturday mornings”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Hit up the White horse tavern early on a saturday for a beer and some free pool.

Visited April 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Best $4 burgers and fries around!”
Reviewed April 20, 2009

Best $4 burgers and fries around!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I would go back for trivia & dinner, but not necessarily just for dinner or drinks. Food is decent and so is the...”
Reviewed March 12, 2009

I would go back for trivia & dinner, but not necessarily just for dinner or drinks. Food is decent and so is the price, but it's very loud. Great place for drinks with friends or eye candy.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Allston
“My local stomping grounds”
Reviewed November 22, 2008

Well I have seen some negative reviews around here and most of them seem to concern the door guys or inattentive bar staff. These are usually first time visitors that had a weird experience (probably due to their drunkenness) and I don't think they are giving this place a fair shake. The door guys DO have a quick turn around so you are always dealing with someone new (kinda a pain) but I have not had any of these problems and I have been coming here for 5+ years (maybe that is the reason?). During baseball season I grace this tavern usually 3-5 times a week for games.

Sure you can get a cheaper draft down at the Avenue, but the food deals here can't be beat. They run $3 burger and fries (meal size) all the time and $6 1-pound of steak tips and fries a couple times a week. Not to mention their cobb salad special and London Broil special. They will usually have a draft or bottle special on rotation from month to month and the High Life's are always cheap.

As for TV's it is a great place to watch a game. The main bar has so many LCD's that you can usually watch multiple games easily from one seat. Make sure you pick your seat wisely during football because they have the games listed for the TVs and will not change them.

I don't like going here on Fri/Sat nights though as this is the college meathead time. I like to sit with a pint and watch a game, not get a beer spilled on me while standing next to some barely legal drunk moron. If you are in to the 'cub' scene, this isn't a plcae for you but if you like to sit down, listen to some tunes, watch some sports and strike up a convo with the person sitting next to you, I am sure you will enjoy it.

If you like trivia, this is the only bar in Boston that has trivia 3 nights a week. Why do I know this? Because Will the host mentions it every damn time ;)

All-in-all it is my favorite bar in the area and I have been to them all. If you take this seriously and go, you'll probably run into me and not even know it.

peace.