“Fancy”
Review of La Voile

La Voile
Reserve with OpenTable
La Voile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield / Gloucester
Transit: Copley square or Hynes Convention Center on Green Line
Description: La Voile is an authentic French brasserie, opened in Cannes in 1947. After a few years under a new ownership, it relocated to Boston in 2007.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Fancy”
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I was looking for a fancy restaurant to celebrate my girlfriends birthday and this was the right placed. The service was great and the food was perfect. The price however was a different story since dinner for two cost me $150

Boston, MA
“Very authentic French seafood”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I ate here with my wife and 2 friends on a cold night a couple of weeks ago. The ambiance is nice and cozy, picturesque block of Newbury Street, and we were seated next to a gas fireplace, promptly for our reservation. The atmosphere, menu, wine and drinks are all quite authentically French--the manager and most of the waitstaff (and many customers) are French. Service was friendly and refined, but unobtrusive. I had mussels followed by a whole fish, fileted at the table. Shared a bottle of a nice Bordeaux. I tasted several other dishes from my dining companions, all quite good. Excellent snails in garlic butter as you might expect. Pricy but not exorbitant, reasonable value for the high quality.

Visited January 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Loved it”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Went for dinner and drinks with my friends, great restaurant, lovely menu and lovely food. The mussels were great so is the dover sole! Wine selection is great too. and service is excellent!

Visited November 2013
Loveland, Ohio
“Great!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed la voile on a business dinner. We had the fixed price dinner and it was delicious with regular sized portions. I let waiter pick the wine and he chose well. The chocolate mousse was Devine.

Visited February 2014
boston, ma
“I Thought I Was in Paris!”
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

La Voile is the perfect French bistro! It's like being in a cozy Paris bistro with excellent food with the plus of a friendly and attentive staff. It was a freezing winter night and the hostess led us to a 2 person table in an empty room. I was very impressed when the host interrupted and asked us if we'd like to sit in front of the fireplace. It was a small room with a couple other tables the perfect distance apart. We spent about 3 hours at the restaurant and had excellent endive and pear and mesclun and prosciutto salads, delicious French onion soup, and mussels and frites. The service was attentive with water glasses constantly filled, but in no way were we rushed or up-selled. Outstanding experience!

Visited February 2014