“I Thought I Was in Paris!”
Review of La Voile

La Voile
Reserve with OpenTable
La Voile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield / Gloucester
Transit: Copley square or Hynes Convention Center on Green Line
Description: La Voile is an authentic French brasserie, opened in Cannes in 1947. After a few years under a new ownership, it relocated to Boston in 2007.
Reviewed February 13, 2014

La Voile is the perfect French bistro! It's like being in a cozy Paris bistro with excellent food with the plus of a friendly and attentive staff. It was a freezing winter night and the hostess led us to a 2 person table in an empty room. I was very impressed when the host interrupted and asked us if we'd like to sit in front of the fireplace. It was a small room with a couple other tables the perfect distance apart. We spent about 3 hours at the restaurant and had excellent endive and pear and mesclun and prosciutto salads, delicious French onion soup, and mussels and frites. The service was attentive with water glasses constantly filled, but in no way were we rushed or up-selled. Outstanding experience!

There are newer reviews for La Voile

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We called at the very last minute and they were able to give us a table around 5:30pm which suited us just fine. We were seated and enjoyed much of our meal alone in a back room, which didn't bother us at all. It was very romantic.

The service was amazing - the waitstaff was incredibly attentive and timed our meal well. We chose a bottle of whine from the "Under $40" list and we both enjoyed meals from the $42 prix fixe menu.

The food was amazing. The foie gras was particularly good - rich and creamy - served with warm toast and a fruit compote. My duck was cooked perfectly with a fruity sauce and excellent fingerling potatoes. My boyfriend enjoyed his snapper.

Dessert was motlen chocolate cake and ice cream (I was excellent, but could have been cooked a little more. I like the insides of my molten cake to be hot! My boyfriend had the creme brulee which was creamy and delightful!

It was a truly wonderful meal at a very wonderful price!

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Staying in Boston for First Night 2014 and we've dined here 3 times in a week. Foie Gras to die for, excellent wines and traditional bistro decor. Do yourself a favor and put this restaurant on your MUST list. Service friendly and completely efficient. Enjoy a wonderful meal while the world stops outside!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was probably lucky to get a table here on Thanksgiving night without a reservation. The ambience is very French and cosy. The food was excellent in the best French style (wonderful scallops) and the wine list good. As a solo woman diner I am sometimes disregarded, but I couldn't fault the quality of the service here. The tables are quite close together so I was also able to observe the service given to other diners and everyone was treated with the same care. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, but it is worth every cent if you feel like treating yourself. I hope to find myself back in Boston again one day so that I can return to La Voile.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Not only is the food excellent, but the service and ambiance remind me of being in a restaurant in Paris. I can recommend the outstanding veal stew and the varied charcuterie plate. Altho the wine list can be very expensive at the high end ($600+), there is a good selection of reasonably priced wine. This is a excellent choice for a nice night out. Its location on Newbury St. in Back Bay is very convenient.