“Truly French”
Review of La Voile

La Voile
Reserve with OpenTable
La Voile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield / Gloucester
Transit: Copley square or Hynes Convention Center on Green Line
Description: La Voile is an authentic French brasserie, opened in Cannes in 1947. After a few years under a new ownership, it relocated to Boston in 2007.
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Staying in Boston for First Night 2014 and we've dined here 3 times in a week. Foie Gras to die for, excellent wines and traditional bistro decor. Do yourself a favor and put this restaurant on your MUST list. Service friendly and completely efficient. Enjoy a wonderful meal while the world stops outside!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was probably lucky to get a table here on Thanksgiving night without a reservation. The ambience is very French and cosy. The food was excellent in the best French style (wonderful scallops) and the wine list good. As a solo woman diner I am sometimes disregarded, but I couldn't fault the quality of the service here. The tables are quite close together so I was also able to observe the service given to other diners and everyone was treated with the same care. This is not an inexpensive restaurant, but it is worth every cent if you feel like treating yourself. I hope to find myself back in Boston again one day so that I can return to La Voile.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Not only is the food excellent, but the service and ambiance remind me of being in a restaurant in Paris. I can recommend the outstanding veal stew and the varied charcuterie plate. Altho the wine list can be very expensive at the high end ($600+), there is a good selection of reasonably priced wine. This is a excellent choice for a nice night out. Its location on Newbury St. in Back Bay is very convenient.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Four of us booked to have dinner here last Sunday and felt we only got a table because it was such a bitterly cold night! We decided on the Prix Fixe menu at $42 each and were expecting smaller portions for the price. After the French bread, one of us had fish soup, two pate de fois gras and I had the goats' cheese salad. For mains two chose duck and two entrecote steak. The steak, served with salad and frites was melt in the mouth and certainly wasn't a small portion. For dessert three had chocolate mousse and I had the berry tart.

We all felt we had eaten more than enough. The restaurant is accessed down a set of steps so could be a problem for some and there isn't a lot of space between tables. Service is pleasant and attentive without being intrusive and we never felt rushed. This is now our favourite restaurant in Boston and we will certainly be going back. Excellent cooking and value.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Our meal here was so good that I wanted to go back but never had the chance! We had a party of 7 or so folks. Everyone's plates were completely clean by the time we were done. The service was excellent and the ambiance is perfect. I would rank this meal up with my top 10 ever.