“Nice Mexican Restaurant at the Lake”

Cancun Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Hardy
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife and I have eaten here twice since we moved to the Lake. We enjoyed it each time. Service was attentive and the food was good. The atmosphere had a nice Mexican flavor. There is outdoor seating where one can dine when the weather is favorable. The usual chips and salsa are placed on the table as soon as you are seated as at most Mexican restaurants. We both commented on how flavorful our entre selections were. The margaritas were very well made. We are hoping to go back and spend some relaxing time on the outdoor patio when the weather breaks.

There are newer reviews for Cancun Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We have tried other Mexican restaurants locally and further afield while traveling. And by far Cancun is the best we have been to. The food is well prepared and generous and the staff are friendly and efficient. You can't go wrong dining at Cancun. And it is definitely the best at Smith Mountain Lake.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

I have eaten Mexican food at least once per month for over 20 years. I have lived in Texas where there is a Mexican restaurant literally on every street corner. There are several Mexican restaurants right where I live in the South Richmond, Va area. I would stack this restaurant up against all of the ones I live near.This is restaurant knows how to serve food, treat people and most importantly the food tastes GREAT. Not overdone. I always get the same thing every time I try out a new mexican restaurant so that I can compare apples to aplles - Fajitas. The food was prepared perfectly. It wasnt over or under cooked. It wasnt too hot or too cold. Most importantly it tasted extremely fresh with NO grease, oils or anything dripping. Believe me it was an excellent meal. The wait staff was very attentive

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have patronized Cancun in westlake 2 times since we recently moved to the Smith Mountain Lake area and have very positive experiences both times. The staff is friendly in a "true" way and very responsive; service is great. Price is very reasonable; what we ordered was under $10 per entree and we enjoy beer with our diner and they serve a Mexican beer called Sol for $2+ that works for us! We found the food we have ordered both visits has its own unique taste; not bland and not too strong; yet it has a certain "chef" quality to it. Its not the wet flat beans-cheese-burrito-whatever that you find in many Mexican establishments. The atmosphere is typical Mexican (good); colorful, booths and tables, an outside area, and pleasant Hispanic music. We recommend Cancun and this is our Mexican restaurant of choice in the area, very pleased!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We arrived in the area very hungy. Tis place had good Mexican food, nice atmosphere and reasonable prices. There were items on the menu that were different & new plus the regular fare you would expect. If you are a chips & salsa fan theirs is chunky style. Great variety of drinks from the bar!