“A time gone by” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Overhome Bed and Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hardy
Overhome Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Hardy B&B and Inns
Portsmouth, Virginia
“A time gone by”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Overhome was in my husband's family for many, many years. My mother in law owns an acre adjoining it. We actually have some of its original furniture. A painting of the house, done back in the day, is in our living room, and we have many photographs of it taken through the years including the renovation. It was originally built by a man for his fiance, but she did not like the house and they never lived there. For many years, it was home to a small farming operation, and then underwent restoration and became a bed and breakfast. When one of the owners became too ill to run the B&B, it was sold to the current owner. My understanding is that the grounds are rented out for events, but the home is no longer in use as a B&B. I never got to go inside, but I have been on the grounds. It is a lovely home and I do hope they will keep it up.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with family