“DO NOT STAY!!! OUR ROOM HAD ROACHES!!!”

Whispering Pines Motel
Ranked #63 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We had a group of four people going to NC on vacation. We got to the area late, most hotels were booked. It was late, we were tired, it was raining, and although we did not like the looks of the hotel much, we decided to stay. We ask to see the room first. The lady that showed it to us rushed us in and out quickly. The room was not the cleanest but we were tired and got the room. Once we got the key, we went in and looked around a little more. Thank GOD I had only set my purse on the table when I pulled out the desk chair and a roach came running up the chair. Then my boyfriend decided to check the beds. To our supprise another roach came running out. I immediately went to the office, and the lady that rushed us in the room sent a man to our room to see. We showed him the roaches that my boyfriend had killed and he grabbed them in a hurry anf flushed them down the toilet. We asked for our money back and he refused. My boyfriend was persistent so the only way we could get some of our money back was if my boyfriend signed another recipt for them to keep a percentage of our money! It was this or lose all our money! So the motel ended up keeping $13.75 of our $73.75! All this and not to mention both people there were rude and nasty with us!!!
DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank ChevyGal70

Reviewed June 3, 2010

I was traveling to Asheville and planned to stay 3 nights in this motel. However, my vehicle broke down on the way and I was unable to make it. I called on the first evening of my reservation to cancel the next 2 nights. The person that answered the phone hung up on me several times and keep saying there was no manager. Needless to say I was never able to cancel my reservation and my credit card was charged the full amount. I am still trying to get reimbursed. I wouldn't stay at this motel if it was the last one on earth and was free!!!!!!! VERY UNSATISFIED!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank CindyLou49
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We were treated very rudely by the management. We were later told that the rude person was a friend of the manager who was filling in for Labor Day weekend... felt that the management could have been much more selective in chosing a fill-in person to represent the service provider, The room smelled like smoke even though it was advertised NON-SMOKING. This also was disappointing. The rate is low, but I don't think we will be returning.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geowood64
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Whispering pines is beautiful, I had a great stay and the owners were really nice!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Indian Hbr. Beach, Fla.
Reviewed October 27, 2003

We read the review of this motel at this web site. Decided it sounded nice. When we arrived we were leary of the way it looked. Went into a dingy lobby that had a smell and an attendant that looked unkept. Some of the motel room doors were standing open. They wanted $70.00 for a room with one bed. We were tired, it was raining and 9:00 p.m but decided this was not for us. Found a nice Days Inn with a wonderful fresh, clean, room, with two beds, and breakfast for $53.00 for the night.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 23, 2002

Pleasantly surprised to find a remodeled, clean, privately owned budget motel.

1  Thank emailjudy