“Horrible”

Ranked #59 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Hamburg, Germany
“Horrible”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Manager tried to to get a way too high price and sank very fast down to the half of his first demand. It was still too expensive. Two or three times a man knocked on every motel door, I asked him, what he wanted and it seemed he was begging for drugs. The rest of the night I was very afraid and slept badly.
In the shower I found a half molded shower curtain, dark black long hair and pubic hair in the tub, the floor was smeary and the wastewater of the tub was flowing over the floor when I stepped out of the tub.
Very disgusting, personnel unfriendly and unconcerned, not worth any penny and dangerous to health. When will health and tourism department do something for safety of their visitors ?

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Antje S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Located on Smoky Park Highway main road. Pleasant office manager, clean room & bathroom. Bed a little firmer than I prefer- I like a soft bed. Enough clean towels, coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, free wi fi and cable TV. Ice machine on premises for the ice chest. All in working condition. Good value for a night or so while traveling. No complaints. It is an older motel, I have to door open part of the time for fresh air- my preference. I did not use the heater or air conditioner, but a unit was in the room.

I gave the place a high rating because I thought for the price it was a good value. I found nothing to complain about. I often stay in hostels or camp out. I don't want to spend a lot of money just for a bed to sleep in and this place had so much more. I think a few loud trucks in the night may have woke me up. but then, it is on a main road. My car was parked right outside my door. I like this feature while traveling on my motorcycle too.

Maybe the owners saw some of the other reviews and changed the way they handled things (?).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wormond
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Our room was dirty. Bed sheets had fresh blood stains and other white stains!! Maybe a rent by the hour place!! Everything was filthy! When I complained about the sheets the owner came in our room screaming and swearing at us in front of my 3 year old! Throwing our luggage at us and told us to get the "F" out of his motel. I told him refund my money and I'll gladly go!! He said no refund get the "F" out. So I called the police. 2 came out and said they are called out all the time he knows the laws, which in NC motel keepers can rip you off. So I called my credit card (Amex) and I got a refund he has been trying to put the charge through several times since!! Now he is using another corp to send charges. I'm filing credit card fraud charges against him...... Hope he likes jail....

• Stayed June 2013
16 Thank Marilee D

Travelers are raving about these Asheville hotels

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Well first the place was small and dirty. It looks shady and the manager was very rude. He also charged my card for the wrong amount and an unauthorized extra charge to my card. Id highly advise u stay else where.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank Acorbe
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband and I needed a place to crash after a long day of driving. The office staff seemed suspicious and not overly friendly but for $62 that was fine with me. The room had an odd scent but was serviceably clean, not brand new, showing some signs of age in the walls and ceiling. Mattress was cumfy, sheets were fresh and clean. My biggest fear was bedbugs...no worries of that, we didn't see any evidence of them, or any other kind of bug. FYI if we had reserved online, through priceline.com I think we could have gotten our two queen bed room for around $35.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank heatherwrighteous
Roxboro, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This place is a joke! Owners are rude and its really just like a drug hotel! Don't take your kids there. It was so bad we did not even stay the night we left and found another place.

Room Tip: Don't go period