All reviews vintage furnishings road noise dog friendly place fur baby window unit motor court nice kitchen the king size bed wood burning fireplace typical hotel room front porch back porch straight shot modern amenities sound machine prior to our arrival wealth of information
Reviewed July 4, 2005

If your looking to not stay somewhere, choose the Pines Cottages. Had a confirmed reservation for a Friday night. Arrived to find no cottages available and no one there at 4:30 PM to help us. Were told by several occupants they had been moved like chess pieces multiple times due to overbooking. Called owner who said he would have manager come meet us. 1 hour later, no phone call and no manager. Had to drive 45 miles south to find dog friendly room-Quality Inn Hendersonville, very nice and good staff. Wrote a letter of complaint to owner, still waiting for reply.
I travel extensively, mostly devoid of frustration. The Pines filled my frustration quota for the next year!!
Michel

Date of stay: May 2005
11  Thank gypsysol
Reviewed June 20, 2005

Stayed there Nov 2004.
The place is in what I’ll describe as run down neighborhood next to the highway.
The cottage was in a very bad condition. The blanket on the bed had wholes in , the bathroom was not cleaned apparently for a couple of moths.
The place was covered with dust and mold.
I had to go to a hotel after all.
The manager stated the he will return my money. That didn’t happened.
I will not stay there again and I don’t recommend that place.

Date of stay: November 2004
13  Thank Sunshine7258
Reviewed October 7, 2003

Our trip to Asheville was wonderful; the only problem was, we didn't stay long enough. Not to fear, our family has solved that problem. We will be going back, only this time taking more family members and staying longer.

Allen, the owner of the Pines Cottages was very professional, and at the same time very hospitable. This was also the case with the employees at the Pines.

We went sightseeing everyday. Upon returning to the cottage we would sit out on the front porch, enjoying the fresh air and quiet nights.

I am looking forward the next visit.

13  Thank Journey37035