“Back to the Future” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pines Cottages

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Pines Cottages
Jamestown, NC
“Back to the Future”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

The Pines Cottages is a unique venue which we enjoy for its rustic charm and modern amenities. Our family has stayed at The Pines since the 1940s and continues to find it a pleasurable experience. Kudos to the current owners for their committment to keeping the concept of the motor court alive and well in the 21st century!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My wife and I decided to get out of town and enjoy Christmas by ourselves before the craziness of the new year was to begin. She found The Pines online and we had always wanted to go to Asheville, NC.

We made the reservation and stayed 12/23 - 12/26. We brought our dog with us (a 70lb mix) and we had picked Cabin 7. It was the best decision we made. Our cabin was nice and cozy. We never had any problems with dirt or an unclean room. There are some reviews on here that talk about filth and grim but we didn't have that at all. It had a great rustic feel to things and the only dirt we found was what we dragged in on the bottom of our shoes.

Allen, who owns the place with his girlfriend, was a great help. It had rained a lot before we came and our fridge was on the fritz. Even though he was running trips to help his sick girlfriend, he made sure to come by and check it out. There was nothing he could do to fix the problem without taking the fridge apart (we already had some food in it and we didn't want him stressing over the holidays) so he gave us the key to a cabin next door and said we could use that fridge if we wanted. There was no hesitation at all. He was also great about providing more firewood each day and when we asked, especially when the temperature plummeted the second day we were there.

The Pines is also really dog friendly. I saw multiple people there with their dogs. There are poop bag stations all over the place that you can grab a plastic bag at. If someone doesn't pick up after their dog its not Allen's fault. Its the fault of irresponsible dog parents.

The Pines has a great location to everything, and we noticed no traffic noise from the roads near us. If you have questions please call the office and they will help find the perfect cabin for you. Because Allen and Tara run it themselves they are in and out of the office so just leave a message and they will get back to you. A lot of times the office door had a closed sign on it, but they were inside. Sometimes you just have to knock on a door to see if someone is there instead of standing 100ft away looking in.

If you want a great location to go to get away and you want the rustic feel of a cabin, stay at the Pines. Its not a Hilton. Its not a fancy 10 story hotel. And that is ok. This is a little motor cabin in the woods. If you don't want that then stay somewhere else. My wife and I enjoyed cooking our own food in the kitchen that came with pots and pans and dishes. We enjoyed having a fire everyday and night we were there and never felt cold.

I think Allen and Tara have done a great job and we are already planning on returning soon.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Will W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My husband and I purchased our 2 night stay here through groupon and the pictures on the website were a very accurate description of the cabins. The cabin we stayed in had a stone fireplace, very romantic! The cabin was actually a log cabin, not built to just look like it was made of logs, which made it rustic which my husband and I love. It did not take away from any comfort though, had a queen sized bed that was very comfortable, bedsides the fireplace there were several heaters in the cabin which was plenty enough to keep warm. We were most impressed how clean everything was!! Even though its an older cabin( built in 1930's) it was very clean with updated modern amenities. Cabin included a fairly big kitchen space with a kitchen table, certainly big enough for two!! To top off our experience the staff and the owners, were exceptionally nice and friendly!! We were provided maps and plenty of I sight on things to do in Asheville. Every evening we had fresh towels in the bathroom. I highly recommend this place! My husband and I will be back for sure!

• Stayed November 2013
Sarasota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

What a great place to stay. Will definitely be back. Can be a little noisy being situates between two roads, but was not really an issue inside the cabin. Location is superb for traveling in and around Asheville.

Room Tip: We stay in #9, Nice, comfortable king-sized bed. Small porch out front to sit and watch the leaves...
2 Thank William H
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

A nice fairly quite retreat from Asheville and area. The flora and fauna around the site is great. The cabins were old which was a winning point for me. The older I get the more I like cracks, wrinkles and sagging; they tell a story of a persons life. Hell, I worked to damn hard for this white on my head and every scar and blemish is a story. An extremely relaxing place. Something about giant natural pine trees blowing in the wind. You could feel their age. At the end of the day we always came back to a very spotless cabin with very enticing mattresses. The kitchen had all you needed to cook but I when I vacate their ain't no work and I eat my cooking all the time anyway. I say remove some of the reminders of our oppression with a hot tub:-) It was so nice to sit out on the porch watching night creep through the trees. They had a swing in front of a very nice garden plot. Even the dips and creaks of the old floors were nostalgic of my house on the bayou (my Blue Bayou), Once you learn, you can use those angles when walking.
If you want mints on your bidet and smelling pillows then try on down the road. If you like to touch the past and smell the natural earth as you wake then I would say you would be welcomed at this place. Prices were excellent. Everyone there was extremely nice and helpful. Actually except for a talk with a couple of the staff and the owner I saw no one else till the last night and I sat on my little porch watching the new guest arrived and making up stories about their lives.I will return not next year but 10/15 and I will stay if all works perfect in an imperfect world, in the same cabin. Now back to my PVD, post vacation depression.

Room Tip: For my partner and I we took cabin 4 because it was one of the smaller cabins because of the porch a...
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My three girlfriends and I stayed here a few weeks ago and loved it! The cottages were located just outside of Asheville right off of 25. Convenient to exploring downtown, and not too far from the airport. Also close to many parks and beautiful Beaver Lake. The cabins were cute and clean. We loved using the full kitchen. Number six, the cottage we stayed in had a fireplace where we made s'mores, and also a grill out front. It was great to have close proximity to all the attractions, and we enjoyed all the cottages came with! The owner Allen and his family were also very nice and helpful in giving great local tips on where to hike and dine. We really enjoyed our stay at The Pine Cottages and hope to make our way back there soon!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Shannon T
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We found this at the last minute, upon arriving in Asheville. We were greeted in the office by Allen and Peyton, a friendly elderly cat, who loves to snuggle. I sat down in a chair in the office, and Peyton jumped up into my lap. We absolutely loved out Cottage (number 4). The King size bed had smooth sheets and was very comfortable. The room was large and the kitchen was perfect for our breakfast in the morning. When we asked about a fireplace, we were told that our cottage did not have one, but were given matches & a fire starter for a fire pit in our back yard. Allen told us that we could help ourselves to wood from the shed. The room was very clean and we were pleased with the peaceful surroundings and quiet atmosphere. We were told about a pizza place nearby (Asheville Pizza & Brewery), where we had the best pizza I've ever had in my life !!!!! Thanks to The Pines, we have fond memories of a great time in Asheville :)

Room Tip: watch your step in the yard, tree roots around the cottages. If you are allergic to cats, don't...
1 Thank HaitiRN97