The Pines Cottages
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewscottage numbervintage furnishingsfur babytypical hotel roomthe king size bedstraight shotfront porchwood burning fireplacemodern amenitiesprior to our arrivalfull kitchenceiling fanthe blue ridge parkwayclose to downtownstayed longerstayed nightslocal attractions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2013

What a great place to stay. Will definitely be back. Can be a little noisy being situates between two roads, but was not really an issue inside the cabin. Location is superb for traveling in and around Asheville.

Room Tip: We stay in #9, Nice, comfortable king-sized bed. Small porch out front to sit and watch the leaves drop.
2  Thank William H
Reviewed October 27, 2013

A nice fairly quite retreat from Asheville and area. The flora and fauna around the site is great. The cabins were old which was a winning point for me. The older I get the more I like cracks, wrinkles and sagging; they tell a story of a persons life. Hell, I worked to damn hard for this white on my head and every scar and blemish is a story. An extremely relaxing place. Something about giant natural pine trees blowing in the wind. You could feel their age. At the end of the day we always came back to a very spotless cabin with very enticing mattresses. The kitchen had all you needed to cook but I when I vacate their ain't no work and I eat my cooking all the time anyway. I say remove some of the reminders of our oppression with a hot tub:-) It was so nice to sit out on the porch watching night creep through the trees. They had a swing in front of a very nice garden plot. Even the dips and creaks of the old floors were nostalgic of my house on the bayou (my Blue Bayou), Once you learn, you can use those angles when walking.
If you want mints on your bidet and smelling pillows then try on down the road. If you like to touch the past and smell the natural earth as you wake then I would say you would be welcomed at this place. Prices were excellent. Everyone there was extremely nice and helpful. Actually except for a talk with a couple of the staff and the owner I saw no one else till the last night and I sat on my little porch watching the new guest arrived and making up stories about their lives.I will return not next year but 10/15 and I will stay if all works perfect in an imperfect world, in the same cabin. Now back to my PVD, post vacation depression.

Room Tip: For my partner and I we took cabin 4 because it was one of the smaller cabins because of the porch and had a king bed. When you have had enough Asheville beer and you get up and walk to bathroom in cabin 4:It tis but the spirit of the floor you really ain't that besotted. .
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

My three girlfriends and I stayed here a few weeks ago and loved it! The cottages were located just outside of Asheville right off of 25. Convenient to exploring downtown, and not too far from the airport. Also close to many parks and beautiful Beaver Lake. The cabins were cute and clean. We loved using the full kitchen. Number six, the cottage we stayed in had a fireplace where we made s'mores, and also a grill out front. It was great to have close proximity to all the attractions, and we enjoyed all the cottages came with! The owner Allen and his family were also very nice and helpful in giving great local tips on where to hike and dine. We really enjoyed our stay at The Pine Cottages and hope to make our way back there soon!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Shannon T
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We found this at the last minute, upon arriving in Asheville. We were greeted in the office by Allen and Peyton, a friendly elderly cat, who loves to snuggle. I sat down in a chair in the office, and Peyton jumped up into my lap. We absolutely loved out Cottage (number 4). The King size bed had smooth sheets and was very comfortable. The room was large and the kitchen was perfect for our breakfast in the morning. When we asked about a fireplace, we were told that our cottage did not have one, but were given matches & a fire starter for a fire pit in our back yard. Allen told us that we could help ourselves to wood from the shed. The room was very clean and we were pleased with the peaceful surroundings and quiet atmosphere. We were told about a pizza place nearby (Asheville Pizza & Brewery), where we had the best pizza I've ever had in my life !!!!! Thanks to The Pines, we have fond memories of a great time in Asheville :)

Room Tip: watch your step in the yard, tree roots around the cottages. If you are allergic to cats, don't go in the office !!!!! Luckily, we don't have that problem and had a delightful welcome :)
1  Thank HaitiRN97
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Lovely setting, charming looking and very close to Asheville, but this place needs a lot of TLC. I understand many are being remodeled , but ours was not. It was stuck in the fifties. It needs a great deal of updating. The grounds need a lot of grooming. I hope they continue to work on it because it could be lovely,one day.

Room Tip: Ask for remodeled cottage
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Linda Q
Thepinescottages, Owner at The Pines Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thank you for your review.

We take our customers reviews seriously because we live here on the property and this is how we make our living. And we want your experience here to be as pleasant and memorable as possible., and we want you to tell your friends and family obout us. This cottage #6 has been completely remodeled and when we were remodeling we found and repaired a leak around the fireplace that was causing dampness in the cottage. I am happy to say the cottage has been redone from top to bottom. We upgraded the plumbing and electrical to make the cottage more functional. Like raising the shower head height, installing new faucets in the shower and kitchen, installing a new curved shower curtain rod on the tub and replacing the old light fixtures and light switches and outlets with new ones. We completely repainted the interior with custom built in features like a custom mantle over the fireplace and custom shelving in the kitchen and upgraded moldings in the kitchen and bathroom. We also upgraded insulation and weatherstripping to make the cottage easier to heat and cool. And refinished the beautiful hardwood floors through out. We added a 40" flat screen and a new comfy couch in front of the fireplace as well as replacing one of the beds. We replaced the window screens and repainted them as well and adjusted all windows and doors to operate smoothly. We have been working diligently remodeling the cottages to make your experience as carefree and pleasant as we would like for ourselves while traveling. Please take a moment and visit our website and see our renovations. Thank you for taking the time to consider us as your place to stay while visiting Asheville.

Allen and Tara