“Quaint little cabin”

The Pines Cottages
Greenville, Sc
“Quaint little cabin”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I thought my cabin (#10) was absolutely adorable! Very friendly, very clean, very quant... A nice weekend escape! Thank you!

The cabins are close to downtown, the Blue Ridge Parkway, grocery store, restaurants and the beautiful Biltmore Estate!

The only con would be that the bed was a bit too firm for my particular liking. However, I would still highly recommend my little quaint cabin to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Mandy S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at cottage 9 this weekend and loved it. The cottage is cute and cozy and clean. Bed was comfortable. Alan, the owner, was incredibly helpful and friendly. Shower was tiny but otherwise a great experience. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in cabin number seven. The cabin itself, while small, was just what we were looking for. Essentially it was a three room cabin with a living room/bedroom, bathroom and kitchen. There was a small front and rear porch as well. The size of the cabin was on par with a large hotel room. It is an early to mid century motor lodge so don't expect more than you would from a mid priced motel. Some people have commented about the rundown look of the cabins, they are old, I preferred to see the character instead. I wanted a place to stay near the Biltmore, reasonably priced, that accepted pets. This place fit the bill perfectly. I would stay here again and will recommend this place to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Troy W
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The owners of these nostalgic road side cabins are trying real hard to make this a quaint, relaxing lodging option. They are doing a pretty good job. Our family of five stayed in cottage number 6 we found it roomy and the beds very comfortable. The bathroom was cramped but the shower was fantastic. In addition the one window air conditioner was Inadequate, thank goodness temps were below avg for August in Ashevile. The cabin also has a strong musty smell. It was however so great to sit out on the front porch with a cup of coffee and put my feet up on the rail. A great alternative to the Comfort inn.

• Stayed July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Purchased through Groupon. We were in cabin #4 for 4 nights. First the positive - Pet friendly and plenty of green space for our dog. Quiet and peaceful location. Close to town. The owners were helpful and friendly. Nice king size bed and the bed & pillows were comfortable enough. My husband said when he walked in "well this is pretty rustic" :-) The cabin had some upgrades, like new faucets, and it was clean, but overall it was a little run down. When we first walked in their was a funky smell. Probably just a damp smell as the A/C dripped water inside the room and the floor was wet. We would open the windows in the AM when it was cool outside and that seemed to resolve the smell. The slipcover on the chair looked really dirty. Biggest gripe - the showerhead is at a really low height. It was level with my nose and I'm 5' 9". Good for a budget minded traveler. We probably will not be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife & I stayed at the Pines Cottages for a few days in July. We hadn't done much research and didn't realize these were vintage cottages, so our expectations had to adjust when we got there. The place is charming, it has cute cottages, vintage furnishings, and is near to Weaverville, which we found to have great restaurants. The owner of the cabins was extremely pleasant and helpful - and he truly keeps the cabins clean and kept up. If you're not looking for vintage/rustic charm, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for that charm, this is right up your alley.

We had heard a lot about Asheville, but were not able to find the allure of the town - it was very busy and loud and lacked the quaintness we were looking for - but perhaps we were looking in the wrong place? I do have to say that the cottages were away from the hustle/bustle as much as they could be - as you got closer to Asheville center the busyness and noise increased dramatically. I felt very safe being at Pine Cottages.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Crandall, GA
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were unable to find a pet friendly B&B to accommodate us and our Chihuahuas on the 4th of July holiday, but I was able to find the Pines Cottages just outside the Asheville city limits and they are pet friendly. I called the week before and spoke with Alan and made the reservation. We were excited that we would be able to stay three nights. Upon arrival, we were glad that Cabin #10 was hidden behind the others at the end of the lane. There was a small porch on the cottage so we could back up to it and unload without getting soaked in the monsoon like rains that Asheville was experiencing that weekend. Let me just say that the cottage was very clean. The room was damp due to the windows being left open through the rains that kept moving through. I couldn't connect to the WiFi so I called Alan and he said that there was no secure connection, so I gave up trying. We appreciate the fact that the cabin was clean and that Alan let us stay there with our dogs. It was also in a very good location. A few minutes one way and you could be in downtown Asheville. I saw other reviews about the noise from the road, but unless we were sitting on the porch, we couldn't hear the traffic. It was a nice place to stay for three days,

Room Tip: Cabin 10 is behind the other ones at the end of the lane so there is no thru traffic.