“Great time!”

1900 Inn on Montford
Ranked #14 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I've fallen a bit behind on my trip advisor, and since it's been about a month since our stay at 1900 Inn on Montford, I may be a bit thin on details. That said, it sure was a great place to stay. My wife has always wanted to see the Biltmore at Christmas. Well, this was her year, even though our Christmas trip came in early January. While the 1900 is not in the Biltmore village area, it is not an inconvenient place to stay for a Biltmore trip. Asheville is not such a large city that getting around takes a lot of time. We stayed in the main house, so breakfast was served in the dining room. If you stay in the carriage house you can have breakfast in your room if you choose. The food was great. The inn is real clean. Everyone is friendly. What else can I say?
My only complaint is a minor one. We stayed in one of the rooms with a fancy whirlpool tub. How nice to get in a hot tub when it's 15 degrees outside. Anyhow, they really should install some sort of handrail or grip for getting in and out.

Oh, almost forgot about the live music on Saturday night. What a lot of fun.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn on Montford and let me just say that it was the best decision ever! The inn keepers Lynn and Ron were wonderful! The breakfast was perfect and the music on Saturday was great! I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who is looking to visit Asheville.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We spent a long weekend at the 1900 Inn on Montford for our 20th anniversary. We enjoyed it so much, it honestly did not have one thing that could have been better. In fact, my sister and her husband went 3 weeks later on our recommendation and loved it also. Make sure you visit the restaurant Mela while you are in Asheville if you enjoy Indian food.
The inn keepers also made this experience even better. They are friendly without being intrusive. A wonderful experience in every way!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at the 1900 Inn on Montford for our honeymoon. The experience was wonderful. The innkeepers were very nice, and the breakfast was always great. They have a very large movie selection that was good to use for a night in. The bathroom in our suite (The Fitzgerald) way outdid my expectations. I would recommend this place to anyone for any occasion.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is an amazing spot, in part because of the wonderful rooms that are available, but even more so because of the personalized service that Ron and Lynn provide. They are especially suited for the task of making your stay with them warm and enjoyable. We told them we were there to celebrate a weekend away before we had our first baby, and when we returned to the room one evening, a baby gift was waiting our return! This was one of many examples of their excellent service and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this spot to our friends.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Fitzgerald.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I had taken a bus tour to see the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC in late September 2012. We were completely captivated and impressed with the size and scope of that wonderful estate. We found that candlelight tours at Christmas were offered. Since my wife and I were going to celebrate our 33rd anniversary on December 31, we started making plans to return to celebrate our anniversary there.

My wife made the arrangements for December 30, 31, and January 1. We drove from San Antonio to Asheville. We checked in, and were greatly impressed with the Inn. It was decorated for Christmas to the max--I have never seen so many Santa Clauses in one place--and the other decorations, both in and out, certainly strongly preserved the season.

We stayed in the O. Henry suite. It was equipped with its own gas fireplace, extremely comfortable king-size bed, flat screen tv, small fridge, and a floor to ceiling bookcase with all manner of reading material just inside the entrance to the room. There was a clawfoot tub in the bathroom.

Amenities and service was excellent. Breakfast was served in a wonderful dining room with a fireplace. Breakfast always started with a crystal goblet of cold refreshing orange juice. Coffee and a gourmet egg dish followed. Then, as a breakfast "dessert," a small breakfast roll or danish was served.

Every evening there was a social hour in the sunroom. (Unfortunately, we missed the music gig) Lynn and Ron joined the guests who chose to attend. Wine was served, and it was a wonderful opportunity to meet and visit with other guests.

Suffice to say, the visit was marvelous. Ron and Lynn are fantastic people who treat their guests like family. Obviously, my wife and I enjoyed our stay immensely, and look forward to going back at the first opportunity.

Room Tip: We like the O. Henry room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We've been going to the Inn on Montford almost every year for about 10 or so years. We love it. It's a high point of our annual visit to Asheville. More than anything else it's the hospitality - Lynn and Ron just love what they do (and it shows), love the Inn, and are wonderful, fun and gracious hosts. The Inn seems like it is truly a labor of love. We always especially enjoy the socials and the Saturday night music (which is really really good). Breakfasts are to die for. Rooms are gorgeous. It's the little touches throughout that really make this so special (the Santa collection at Christmas is great as are all the rest of the decorations - beautiful without being tacky or over-the-top). That plus the camaraderie between the guests at breakfast that the place brings out. The conversation is always interesting - always meet new and interesting people. A wonderful getaway!

Room Tip: depends on how much you want to spend. Edith Wharton is a little more than O Henry but after severa...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family