“Amazing B&B!”

Ranked #18 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“Amazing B&B!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My boyfriend took me to 1900 Inn on Montford as a surprise for my 28th birthday. I had never seen the Biltmore before, so he made reservations at 1900 Inn on Montford, and WOW was I impressed. The room was absolutely stunning, super romantic with a gas fireplace, infinity jacuzzi, gorgeous furnishings.... the whole place was absolutely beyond any expectation. Ron and Lynn and the rest of the staff were truly wonderful people, and I really enjoyed just getting to know them.... not to mention the food was AMAZING! The breakfast served was so delicious and so beautifully made I almost felt bad about eating it (but not that bad.... it was just THAT good!). And the brownies? To die for. After staying at this bed and breakfast, I don't know how I would ever stay at a regular hotel again. I can't even give this place enough stars! Best birthday ever! Thanks so much Ron and Lynn, I will sing 1900 Inn on Montford's praises to everyone I meet who is headed to Asheville NC. And you can bet I will be returning!

1 Thank Alicia C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
san francisco
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a wonderful time at this beautiful inn. Our room was amazing with a gas fireplace, jacuzzi and shower/steam unit. Breakfast was delivered each morning at 9AM and was so tasty! The innkeepers were gracious and helpful. We stayed over a weekend and there was a band (go Tater Diggers!) who played for us in the parlour. All in all, everything was A+!

Room Tip: We loved the Rossetti room.
Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We arrived at the Inn on the 15th and stayed for two nights in the Zelda Suite. I have always herd that a first impression was always the best impression. My first impression of the Inn was great..the Inn was well maintained the grounds were beautiful and the suite was clean and very inviting as was the main entrance to the Inn. We settled into the Inn and very much enjoyed all of the amenities of the room. There were fresh baked cookies and drinks to Invite you in as you entered in the main entrance the staff was excellent. I will say that the most wonderful part of my visit was the social hour. The first night there we enjoyed a glass of wine and excellent conversation with the Inn Owners and other guest that were also staying at the Inn. On Saturday Social hour we also enjoyed live Music and were able to enjoy the company of other guest..The Inn Owners in my opinion were great I enjoyed all the stories that Lynn shared with us and the hospitality,service, and the breakfast were all excellent and I cant wait to return to the Inn for another trip.. I would recommend this B&B to everyone. Be sure when you go to ask about Uncle Gus.

Room Tip: get a suite they are excellent and have great amenities
cincinnati
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed back in November and had the best time! The place is clean and great service! The food was great and they had music on Saturday night. We felt like we were at home. It was the perfect weekend trip!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I had a great stay at the Inn last June when visiting Asheville. We loved staying in the Fitzgerald room - especially the bathroom. Ron and Lynn were great hosts. We especially liked drinking wine with them on the porch. Breakfasts were great. We hope to visit again!

Room Tip: Loved the Fitzgerald room!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The "Best Weekend Getaway Ever" isn't an overstatement or a reflection of the much needed weekend vacation. It is a direct reflection of our time at 1900 Inn on Montford. Let us briefly take you through how it all happened...

Living in Atlanta, we have quite a few options for weekend getaways. A colleague of ours is from Asheville and always describes how great the area is. So we thought, why not? We couldn’t find an available hotel as fall is prime time to see all of the autumn colors through the mountains. We went to the Asheville native for suggestions, who recommended looking at a B&B on Montford. She couldn't recommend one in particular but knew the area and reputation of the B&B’s. We stumbled on 1900 Inn on Montford and they had one room left (the O. Henry). We took it. FYI – We are fairly well traveled but never stayed in a B&B.

Not knowing what to expect we hustled out of work to make it to Asheville in time for registration. We were kindly greeted despite being 20 minutes late. They showed us the main house, including the movie cache, complimentary refreshments and where breakfast would be served in the morning.

We settled in the O. Henry room and turned on the fireplace. We decided to relax in the room and explore Asheville the next day. We threw on our PJ’s, selected a movie from the alphabetically ordered movie cabinet (good selection) and grabbed a few cookies for good measure (delicious).

We made a pact - No phones. No computers. No distractions. Just rest and relaxation.

We woke for a great multi-course breakfast. It wasn’t just the food but the company that made the experience so great for us. Meeting other couples that have been coming to 1900 Inn on Montford for years and hearing their stories let us know our memorable experience was not uncommon.

At breakfast, Lynn (Innkeeper) asked if we needed dinner reservations that night, offered suggestions for things to do in Asheville, walked us through a few maps of the city and was simply welcoming and engaging. She drove much of the discussion between the couples at breakfast. She really cared that we all had a great experience not only at 1900 Inn on Montford but also in the city of Asheville.

Our first B&B stay happened as a coincidence but has changed the way we travel. The mix of private and social time fits us perfectly and 1900 Inn on Montford is the model that our vacations since have had to live up to.

- Brian & Jenny

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We transport our dog and cat south and then north again each year and look forward to staying in the charming coach house. The accommodations are lovely, the private attached gardens beautifully laid out and maintained, and our hosts could not be more gracious. They are extremely thoughtful with many special touches to make you feel welcome, and they provide a wealth of information on places to dine, activities and sites. I should also note that the inn is located in the lovely historic district where wandering the streets and seeing the beautiful old homes and gardens is a pleasure in itself.

On our first visit, our cat escaped and was lost for 24 hours. Ron and Lynn could not have been more solicitous. Thankfully the cat reappeared the next day and we were able to resume our trip. I highly recommend this inn as a destination in itself. It is a wonderful bonus that they also welcome pets.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple