“Overall Pretty Good”

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Columbia, United States
“Overall Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

A great hotel with wonderful staff and food. Top of the line amenities with breathtaking views. The navigation and the layout of the hotel is quite confusing. The only negative comment I have is that the hotel, especially my room in particular felt a little stuffy. I am sure this would be the case with any hotel close to 100 years old. Nonetheless the hotel was wonderful.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
  • Hungarian first
Denver, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

We had a work convention and knew very little about the hotel and it was fantastic! The staff is unmatched and we travel frequently. While my wife was working I was able to enjoy the Donald Ross golf course on the property and while pricey it was worth every penny. Thanks to all for a wonderful getaway!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a survey about your recent stay with us. We are so glad you found our staff to be helpful and accommodating and really appreciate you kind remarks towards our historic Donald Ross course. Thank YOU for being a guest of ours and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back someday.
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

Our room at the Grove Park Inn overlooked the golf court and the mountains. It was well appointed and had all the amenities we needed. Only complaint was that we could hear the neighbors when they arrived late at night. We stayed during the week at a reduced rate which was lowered even further after I found an even better ideal on Expedia, which the hotel quickly honored. The spa was amazing. The fitness center offers a variety of classes where we felt welcome. The hotel itself is beautiful. The food was wonderful. I definitely recommend this hotel if you can travel at a reduced rate.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Cleveland, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

I have been to Asheville in the past and wanted to visit the Grove Park, but did not make it on that visit. Fortunately, I got the chance to spend three wonderful nights here on my company's dime and it was fantastic!! When making reservations at a hotel they always remind you to bring the credit card you make the reservation with, I am sure this is to ensure that you are not using a stolen card. . . I made the reservation with my husband's card and they very graciously accepted it when I presented it. From that moment on the staff was simply incredible. From the elevator operators to the people who opened pretty much every door for you they were pleasant and smiling and eager to answer any questions.

My room was in the original section of the hotel on the third floor. The elevator, though very cool in the stone fireplace, was a bit sluggish. Fortunately I found the stairs which were convenient and helped me to work off some of the delicious food I ate there! My room had a most comfortable queen size bed, a very large closet, a small fridge hidden in a shaker cabinet, a small but perfect bathroom for me, and a stunning mountain view out original windows with slide out screens! This is an old hotel, I am sure if you are desiring a larger room, you can afford to pay for one, otherwise, enjoy the beautiful scenery and wood work and your cozy room. Not once did I hear the flush of a toilet, a shower turn on, noise in the hallway, or the people in rooms around me.

The SPA is amazing!!! This is one of the top 20 spas in America and is worth every penny you may spend to enjoy some time there. The prices are no more than any other high end spa you may visit in travel, once again, you get what you pay for. They offer guests a $50 twilight pass that is worth every penny. It begins at 5:00 p.m. and you can enjoy the pools, hot spring tubs, saunas, steam rooms, outdoor views, and spa café services. . . any spa service includes these for your use throughout the day. Spoil yourself and get the hot stone massage!!! Trust me, you are worth it.

And now to dining. . . I had by far the best roast duck breast I have had in all my dining at Vue. It was stunning. Once again service was exceptional from the lobby bar to Edison's and on into the night at Elaine's piano bar!! It is not an inexpensive place to eat or drink. . . but every once in a while don't you deserve a splurge?? I know I do and the Grove Park is the place to do it!!

Relax, enjoy, and spoil yourself. . . You and the Grove Park Inn are worth it!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the original Inn with a mountain view, may be a bit smaller for "regular"...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful recommendations you have provided us about your recent stay. We are so glad to hear that appreciated the security measure in place to ensure the privacy of our guests and also that your encounters with our staff were meaningful and helpful. We also loved reading how much you enjoyed your accommodations in our historic Main Inn and that you were able to obtain a restful nights sleep. We are exceptionally grateful for your wonderful review and will anxiously await your return.
North Providence, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was one of the best places I have stayed in many years. The hotel was clean, the mountain air great, the food the best and so close to a fun city. Truth be told it should be kept a secret at how good it is so as not to overload the hotel that should always have space for people like me. This was truly a WOW! place.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for being a guest of ours and for the incredibly generous comments you have provided. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back soon!
Baltimore, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

make sure you ASK if you have a room with a window! mine had a small window up in the air and I felt I was in a basement. asked to be moved but there were "no more rooms" room was booked months in advance.

Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Stayed here with my spouse for two weekend nights. The Hotel exterior is amazing -- massive stonework covers every elevation. The lobby is equally stunning, massive fireplaces, 30 foot ceilings, stonework, galore, etc. Unfortunately, you can't sleep in the lobby and the rooms, well, were simply pathetic. Laughable almost. Dated. Small. Think "Very old Microtel" or "Red Roof Inn", with paneling and a cushioned chair. The bathroom was marginal, at best. We were given a room in the basement (first floor), two or three levels below the lobby level. The hallways were dark, depressing. We overlooked the golf course, so the view was okay. For the money, one would expect rooms at least along the lines of Marriott or a Hilton. Not here. When you arrive and pull into the motorcourt, the view and exterior amenities will lead you to believe you are about to experience something amazing. You won't. What you see when you arrive is NOT what you'll get. The Omni Grove Park Inn should do one of two things: (1) drop its rates substantially, or (2) renovate the rooms.

Room Tip: Insist on higher floors. Can't be any worse than the basement levels.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Higmont
We appreciate you staying with us and then forwarding your comments to your fellow travelers. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your accommodations but were confused about the location of your room. Our property sits on the side of a mountain and our lobby level is on the top (or 10th) floor. We do not have any rooms in a basement and if you were two or three levels below the lobby you would have been located on the 7th or 8th floor, high above the ground level. We do apologize that you did not appreciate your accommodations and want thank you again for your feedback.