“Beautiful hotel”

The Omni Grove Park Inn
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Great stay. Hotel is beautiful. Great amenities: pool, golf, spa, fitness, piano bar, restaurants. Make sure to stay on the Vanderbilt tower (recently updated). Only complaint is that the internet is very slow.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was here for a mini college reunion. The resort is very nice with a great lobby, restaurant and bar area. The setting is beautiful and the hotel staff is great. The rooms are nothing special, very standard which was a little disappointing considering the cost but they were clean and comfortable. My qualm is with the spa. We chose not to visit the spa because the prices were laughable. I travel pretty extensively and live in downtown Chicago. I have never seen spa prices so out of whack. An $80 minute massage for $279? You have to be kidding. Since we picked this property because of it's reputation as a spa, this was quite disappointing. We asked if he could use the pool or other spa facilities. I expected to pay something to do so but a day pass is $90 and we were told that we should get to the spa before 9am to ensure there would be space for us. Again, ridiculous especially since we went down to look at the spa at 11am and it was nearly empty.

Room Tip: Don't go here for the spa unless you have money to burn!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Martha M
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to send your comments. We were very happy that you enjoyed your overall stay but are sorry that you perceived our spa as overpriced. Included in the price our our massages is access to the entire spa facilities all day, regardless of what time your treatment is. The Spa offers 43,000 square feet of amenity space that includes therapeutic massage waterfalls, hot/cold plunge pools, eucalyptus steam rooms, salt-water pools that play music underwater, indoor and outdoor hot tubs, zen gardens and more! We were recently ranked by Conde Nast as one of the top spas in the U.S. and we are certain that if you took the chance to try it out you would not be disappointed. We do hope you will consider returning someday.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed for our anniversary trip. Beautiful hotel and amazing ambiance! Enjoyed the best meal I have had a in a while on the Sunset Terrace, and the Spa is by far the best I've ever been to. I only wish the hotel room was up to par with the rest of the space. Cramped small bathroom caused a bit of frustration. Other than that, perfection!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visited for dinner with two friends on my husbands birthday on 27th May. It was perfect.

Fabulous views, nice staff and amazing food. A little pricey, but it was a memorable treat.

The menu was ell explained by a wonderful young waitress.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lizzie098
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was at the Omni for a work conference, and they treated us very well. I was pleased with everything about the hotel. I didn't get to experience the amenities since I was busy with the conference, but I will definitely go back with my mom or my girlfriends for pleasure next time. Beautiful property in a great city!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and myself stayed for an evening due to attending a wedding in the Asheville area, and this hotel is perfect for a couple seeking a weekend getaway. All staff are super polite and we even received a peanut caramel tart on the house when we had our lunch in the marketplace. The main hall's bar drinks are definitely worth the price for the atmosphere and wonderful bartender. We will definitely stay again and recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2014

from the minute you turn the corner of the driveway into this Resort you will be impressed. Comfortable Bed and beautiful view from your rooms. Excellent staff - welcoming and thrilled to meet you (especially housekeeping, front office, bellman, door men/women); Spa and views and warm fireplace and club "Elaine's" was a great place to have a night cap at the end of the evening. I visited for 4 days (on Business trip) but had such an overall great experience -that I will definitely be back with my family. Kudos to management also..

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business