We just left a three day visit to the Grove Park Inn (GPI), during which the inn celebrated its 100th birthday with fireworks; but, also, was taken over by the Omni Hotel chain on the first of July. It is clear that the GPI needs upgrades but it doesn't need increased prices and airline-like nickel and diming for every addition to the services.
Our room was on a low floor and the new carpet had the odor of a barn - we thought we were at the county fair. In addition, the walls were paper thin and the guests on either side of us came with babies/young children whose loud talk and running around the room might as well happened in our own room even late in the evening. Why can't hotels, including this luxury resort give their senior patrons rooms away from noisy children or even teenagers???
The food, however, was superb at all the restaurants. The golf course is a great course but is suffering seriously from much to much recent rain - washouts of a bridge or two and collapse of creek edges. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The ambiance is about the same as in the past with some changes in the main hall/entry/registration.
I trust that Omni even though they have already added additional charges, such as parking, will not fall to the same trap of the Cloisters in coastal Georgia. That is, out price themselves to their real customers rather than hoped for imaginary millionaires.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Omni Grove Park Inn, located in Asheville, N.C., Is one of the country's most celebrated resorts. Noted for its understated elegance and southern charm, ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this one-of-a-kind hotel. Offering sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, innovative and locally sourced restaurants, a Donald Ross designed golf course, an expansive tennis and fitness center, an award winning spa and spacious convention facilities. This AAA Four Diamond Property is listed on Fodor's "Top 10 Luxury Spa Resorts" and Travel + Leisure's rankings of "Top Spa Resorts" in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Omni Grove Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Grove Inn Asheville Nc
- Park Inn Grove
- Grove Park Hotel
- Grove Park Spa
- Grove Park Inn Resort Spa
- Grove Asheville North Carolina
- Grovepark Inn