We splurged and got a package to The Grove Park over the 4th holiday. We never travel much over busy holiday's and now remember why. We drove up from SC in a rain storm and were happy to get there. We were greeted with and unfriendly check-in process and had to let several people go ahead of us because my boyfriend has left his wallet in the car and did not have a picture ID. I had the paperwork they sent us and my ID with the identical address but the employee at the front desk was NOT nice. I understand the basic policy but thought it was ridiculous since I had ID.
We were in the Vanderbilt newly renovated wing and it was fine. Our room was fine, roomy, clean and nicely appointed but nothing out of the ordinary. We did experience the power outage but did not get the alarm the other wing had so we were just awakened but the generator outside our window making a big racket. We called and they said they would give us a room credit but upon check-out we did not have one. It was so busy we just had to let that go.
The original hotel areas are so nice and well used. We did enjoy drinks and music at the lobby bar. We had good friendly service and enjoyed it and the view. We ate dinner one night in the Sunset Terrace Rest. and had a table for two with a view. Very nice. When we got the menu we were a bit shocked at the prices but were on vacation so just ordered what we wanted. A-la-carte is fine but $14 for 10 spears of asparagus is a bit much or $14 for a tomato salad. We just got what we wanted but cancelled our reservations for the following night and went into town and had a great steak for 1/2 the price. Our fish we ordered was so large that there is no way one person could eat that much. We would have preferred that it was cheaper with a smaller quantity.
The BB King concert was great and they did a wonderful job. Everyone enjoyed it. We went to Elaine's afterwards and had a great time in the piano bar.
We are not big spa people so did not use the facility but was told it was great if you enjoy that kind of thing.
All-in-all it was an expensive weekend that was good overall but we realized when we got home that we could have flown to Mexico, stayed a week at a 5 star all inclusive resort with great views, beach, pool, food and drinks for close to what we payed for 3 nights. I guess it's all in what you're looking for in a holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Omni Grove Park Inn, located in Asheville, N.C., Is one of the country's most celebrated resorts. Noted for its understated elegance and southern charm, ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this one-of-a-kind hotel. Offering sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, innovative and locally sourced restaurants, a Donald Ross designed golf course, an expansive tennis and fitness center, an award winning spa and spacious convention facilities. This AAA Four Diamond Property is listed on Fodor's "Top 10 Luxury Spa Resorts" and Travel + Leisure's rankings of "Top Spa Resorts" in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Omni Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Omni Grove Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Grove Inn Asheville Nc
- Park Inn Grove
- Grove Park Hotel
- Grove Park Spa
- Grove Park Inn Resort Spa
- Grove Asheville North Carolina
- Grovepark Inn