My wife and I stayed at GPI for the first time ever. We celebrated our 25th anniversary. We had secured a newly remodeled room and booked a day at the spa. I would like to say the Spa was very nice, will visit it again!
After having to move to a second room, first didn't have functioning plumbing, we were both eager to get settled in and explore the hotel. The walk from the lobby to the rooms aren't short, and we were given an upgrade (better view) as a result of the problem with the first room. So when we got to the second newly renovated room we were not in the mood to move again. I travel allot, but I've never stayed in a hotel where there aren't any nightstands (the open spaces for them were rater glaring) nor a dresser. Other than a shelf in the bathroom (very modern and nice) we basically had to live out of our suitcase. Not what I'd expect from a "luxury" hotel. If I figure out how to upload the pictures I took of the room you will see what I'm attempting to describe.
The resort is very nice, but they're remodeling all over, not just in sections, so it's very dusty and dirty. Paying to upgrade to indoor parking deck turned out to be like driving in a garbage dump, old furniture and construction materials everywhere!
The positive: The staff is very nice and friendly. The lobby is amazing, the bar there is a great hang out if you like to relax. The patio out back has great views of the grounds, valley and Asheville. The Spa, what a great experience. As I stated above, we will return to the spa, but we will most likely not stay at the Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Omni Grove Park Inn, located in Asheville, N.C., Is one of the country's most celebrated resorts. Noted for its understated elegance and southern charm, ten U.S. Presidents and countless luminaries from the worlds of art, entertainment, sports and politics have stayed at this one-of-a-kind hotel. Offering sweeping views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, innovative and locally sourced restaurants, a Donald Ross designed golf course, an expansive tennis and fitness center, an award winning spa and spacious convention facilities. This AAA Four Diamond Property is listed on Fodor's "Top 10 Luxury Spa Resorts" and Travel + Leisure's rankings of "Top Spa Resorts" in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Omni Hotels & Resorts, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your The Omni Grove Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Grove Inn Asheville Nc
- Park Inn Grove
- Grove Park Hotel
- Grove Park Spa
- Grove Park Inn Resort Spa
- Grove Asheville North Carolina
- Grovepark Inn