“Best Value in Asheville area”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife and I wanted to have a little weekend in getaway in Asheville and this hotel was a nice base spot for exploring the area. It was only minutes from downtown and the drive into the city was an easy one.

The staff was also very helpful, especially the front desk night operator that checked us in. He went out of his way to tell us points of interest in the city as well as helping us get everything up to our room. Overall, it was the best value in the city and there were no complaints from me or my wife.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed May 23, 2013

just looking for a place to spend a night while traveling to Ky but booked two rooms for me and met sister there so wanted a nice place. When i arrived, i saw work trucks, after work "social" tailgating, and a window open on the top floor with a smoker. On entry, the lobby was stale, small and looked worn.... thinking i had made a real mistake, i checked in and found the staff friendly, helpful, informative (where to eat, gave coupon for local steak house) got on the elevator and looked as if the carpet could use a good shampooing. When entering the room (kinda small) i found it spotless! Everything looked new, fresh, recently painted, clean. Bed was comfortable, The window could use a cleaning and the tub handle was loose but it all worked and for the price, My sister in her room (who returned to stay 3 days later) and I were very surprised and satisfied with our stay. I would stay again when you look at the price of surrounding hotels, it was a great deal.

Room Tip: dont be turned off by front of hotel or desk. Check out the room, one had noisy AC. We were on the...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have had an EXCELLENT experience in staying at Rodeway Inn!

The staff has been exemplary on every level. The hotel is very clean, safe and quiet. In addition, the area is superb and a direct shot to Downtown Asheville, shopping, restaurants, etc.

Special shout out to Kenneth, Kim, Richard and the countless staff that I do not personally know to whom have provided an extremely high level of professional courtesy, respect and help.

I highly recommend Rodeway Inn for all of your travel needs within the Asheville Area!

Well done Rodeway Inn!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Most hotels in Asheville are quite expensive so if you're looking for cheaper accommodations, the Rodeway Inn might just fill your needs. Mind you, this is a pretty 'basic' motel, with no frills (and this includes no elevators to the second or third floors), small - even minuscule rooms and even smaller bathrooms. There are large flat-screen TV screens and again a small working desk with very good Internet connection. The hallways are truly gloomy and dismal. The motel is close to many restaurants and food stores. Breakfast consists of juice, coffee and donuts. That's all! But again, in light of the relatively decent rate you pay, if you're not too fussy, this is a decent place to spend the night.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the ground floor as there are no elevators to the second or third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've reviewed this motel before, and I stand by my opinion. Yes, I've stayed at Waldorf Astoria hotels, the W, The Roosevelt.....all very nice hotels. So I do know what I'm talking about. I stayed in room 206 this time, my requests were met (quiet, away from stairs and ice machines etc)...they were actually discussed upon checking in. The sheets and towels are thin, but clean..I drive, so I just bring my own bed-in-a-bag to make it more homey. I stock the fridge with sandwich stuff and snacks, bottle of wine....it's very quiet and clean. But it is old. No doubt about it. if you live in a older home, like I do, you know the difference between dirty and old. Yes, the stairwells smell like smoke....you're in them for under 10 seconds....who cares? for $42.00 buck a night....it's my go to place. A straight shoot up Patton and you're down town.

Room Tip: second floor is my choice. and bring your own blanket and sheets...makes it more comfy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at this motel because they accepted pets and it was close to our relative's home. Judging by the price, we expected it to be one of the better quality Choice Hotels. WRONG! There was a definite odor when we opened the door. I realize it was a pet friendly room, but the odor was not acceptable. Everything needed painting, and when we went into the bathroom, it was apparent it had not been cleaned appropriately. There was hair on the sink from the previous room resident's shave. The tub was not clean, either. There was some hair, and the rubber mat in the tub had not been removed and cleaned in quite some time. We stayed because it was late and we had to go on to see family. When we got back and turned down the bed, the sheets were worn and ancient. There was an old timeworn mark on the sheets, not dirt, but age. And we went ahead and stayed the next night. The sheets were sort of "pulled up" under the comforter. They were not changed, despite the fact we were not asked if we wanted clean sheets the next evening. Additionally, we had a bare minimum of towels.

The carpet seemed clean enough, and I did check the mattress, which appeared OK. But for the price charged (plus the additional $15/night charge for the dog), we expected more than weak coffee and doughnuts and a facility that hasn't been painted or updated in years. It almost seemed like a truckstop hotel.

Yes, we did mention these things upon checking out. While the apologies were profuse, the desk clerk made absolutely no attempt to do anything financially to make up for it. Like the next night's stay at a Choice Hotel for free, or even a discount. We are Choice Hotel members, and have reported the stay to their headquarters.

To top it off, there was an envelope left in the room each night, complete with the housekeeper's name, expecting a tip. Yeah, right. The hair was still not cleaned up the 2nd day. So two housekeepers with perhaps bad eyesight?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Anne G
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I reserved this place over expedia.com and my base for reservation was that they provide breakfast and wireless inernet. They had advertised both in their online advertisement, so I booked it. The night when we reached there the guy said that we have donuts and juice from 6:00am-9:00am. There was a sofa as the breakfast seating place!

To our surprise, when we went for their donuts and juice at 8:00, the lady in front desk said that they don't have donuts and she is alone. I could see that they were two persons behind the desk and after I reminded her she said the other person couldn't go to buy donuts and she herself can't leave there either. When I asked to talk with manager and explained that we only reserved here because of convenience of breakfast, she was telling rudely to other person that we do not have to provide breakfast. I again reminded that if you can not provide or do not want to provide breakfast, you should not advertise it. I asked to talk with the manager and she rudely refused to do so.

I travel a lot and this was my first experience with with Rodeway Inn. I would make sure I will not repeat for their bad service.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business