“Good place to stay”

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed there for one night. The staff was friendly and very helpful, the room itself was very nice. The outside could use some new renovations, but the room was recently renovated and they are very nice. There was also a cracker barrel in walking distance as well. Good place to stay with great prices!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2014

I spent one night a couple of weeks ago at the Red Roof Inn and was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the front desk staff was friendly. For the price compared to other Asheville motels/hotels it is a good value. For just passing through and needing a place to sleep a few hours and a shower it can't be beat.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Asheville's not a cheap place to stay. This hotel is nothing fancy, but is a good basic place to stay. Pets are free so that was important for us too. The front desk people were friendly, and free coffee was always available. No breakfast but most of those free continental breakfasts are lousy anyway, and there is a Dunkin Donuts and Hardees right next door. Wifi was not too strong. The beds were comfortable, TV worked well, everything was clean.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I arrived at the Red Roof Inn rather late, namely 11:30pm due to auto issues. The night clerk was very polite & promptly gave me my room keys & location. The unit was well appointed with furniture & roomy however, as soon as I opened the door, i could smell a musty almost gym locker kind of smell. I started the a/c which helped take care of the odor. In the morning the clerks were helpful in giving me a map and I was pleasantly surprised that the road immediately in front of the hotel, 19/23, would take me directly to Robbinsville, which was my destination to tackle the Tail of the Dragon. I would use this hotel again but may bring my own can of Lysol. The unit was very clean otherwise & the price was good. There is a Dunkin Donut immediately in front which was very convenient for a good breakfast & iced coffee on the run.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Jose M
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We stopped in Asheville for a one night stay on our way back home to the Midwest. We chose this hotel because of the reasonable price, close proximity to the highway and the good reviews on Tripadvisor. We were pleasantly surprised to see wood floors instead of gross carpet. The room was very clean, the bedding was clean, the room didn't have a stale smell - smelled clean! The staff was friendly and there is a Cracker Barrel right around the corner.

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side away from highway noise on third floor - quiet and there is an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2014

For the money, no way to find better! Absolutely one of the best red roof inns I've stayed in. If you read my reviews, you know I call it like it is! This was refreshingly good! Front desk (evening) girl was great! Room very clean, modern desk, large screen TV, microwave, refrigerator - this would be a room you could stay in for more than one night easily for a few days or more. And the price was very modest at $54. Plenty of restaurants (Hardee's/Dunkin Donuts within walking distance right next door). Not too far from downtown Asheville.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in West Asheville, NC in May 2014. The only good things about this "inn" are its proximity to Asheville, easy access to the highway, and the pet friendly policy. Otherwise, this is probably the worst motel we have ever stayed in.

The place is a dump. Dirty and run down. The floors throughout the motel and the elevator were filthy. The motel is located in a less-than-desirable part of town, and was filled with a bunch of seedy looking people. When we checked into our room in the "non-smoking" motel, it smelled so bad of cigarette smoke we needed to request a room change. The girl in the office was non-apologetic, saying "Oh yeah, that happens all the time." A few minutes later I saw her and two other staffers outside the office door smoking, which explains the indifference. We were moved to another room, which was only marginally better. There was a dead mosquito on the floor, and it still smelled of smoke, although not as bad as our first room.

If it wasn't so late when we checked in we would have left immediately in search of a cleaner place.

Room Tip: Motel is advertised as non-smoking, but the rooms stink of cigarettes and we saw people smoking ever...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple