“Clean and reasonable, but easy to miss the entrance.”

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Ripley, West Virginia
“Clean and reasonable, but easy to miss the entrance.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The room was very clean, and had laminate floors (a plus for cleanliness) with an area rug under the beds. The price was reasonable, especially given they do not charge extra for pets. The main draw back is the entrance is very easy to miss and we ended up on the interstate ramp when I passed the entrance (coming west on 19/23), and had to travel several miles to exit and come back. Better signage on where to turn from the main road would help, as this motel sits behind other businesses. We did have a registration glitch, Expedia had not sent the registration. The staff worked hard to correct this, however, and were extremely friendly and apologetic even though it was not their fault.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. Our renovated hotel offers rooms with wood laminate floors, and we love to host your stay with your pet. We offer a clean, reasonably priced room convenient to downtown and the interstate. We regret that our road signage was not visible to you upon your visit--we hope you return and stay with us again if your travel takes you through Asheville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Belmont, California, United States
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I've always had bad experiences with Red Roof Inn, but the reviews encouraged me to try them again. LOVED my stay here. King room was absolutely spotless with a desk area, fridge, micro and included a safe (which my more "upscale" hotel didn't have in another city). Really friendly staff. Did I mention clean? You'd swear the room had just been built. Very pleasantly surprised and wouldn't hesitate a second to stay here again. More comfortable pillows than my more "upscale" hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jay H
Thank you for your review of our hotel--our staff strives to offer a great, clean room to our guests, and we are glad you found our hotel to be very clean and friendly as well. Come back and see us again if you visit Asheville!
Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Friendly reception staff, modern motel (or recent make over when stayed April 2013) very comfortable room and good bathroom but as location overlooks interstate intersection, whilst being handy for travelling a bit noisy with late night trucks and a train! Cracker Barrel within walking distance. All other guests quiet and considerate.
Friendly and helpful reception staff, handy location for local diners and interstate. Tea was provided by staff who took pity on this English woman!
As in all Red Roof motels I believe, no breakfast facilities only take away coffee in reception.
Near to interstate intersections and local diners like Cracker Barrel and Waffle House. Good place to stay when visiting Biltmore Mansion, a must see!

Room Tip: choose room away from main road even if towards the back, very little noise from parking lot as good...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
We are very happy that your stay with us in our renovated hotel was just what you needed. We are close to The Biltmore Estate and downtown, and are pleased that you found us to be a great location for your visit. We hope if you are in the area again that you allow us to offer you our hospitality for the return visit!
Texas
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I read tripadvisor to find this hotel and was excited to see that it got great reviews for a good price. Due to the stellar reviews, I was extremely disappointed with my stay.

Let me preface by saying that I'm not picky or one to complain. Go read my other reviews and I'm sure you'll agree that I'm a partial, reasonable person who has realistic expectations. I realize that I chose a budget friendly, pet friendly hotel so I didn't expect luxury amenities or anything like that.

When we first walked into the room, I immediately noticed a smokey smell and thought it was strange since its a non-smoking hotel. No big deal. Maybe they recently adopted that policy and the smell is just lingering. Upon further inspection, though, I noticed that the corners of the room were dirty. Dust and grime layered the rim of the headboard, and hairs and lint were on the bottom of the toilet. I must thought all of this was evidence of a careless housekeeping. I had planned to note this in my review, but it wasn't a big enough of a problem to me to ask to change rooms or cause a big stink. However, the morning we left we were packing up the car. My daughter's pacifier had fallen underneath the bed. We pushed the bed back to find spiders, spider webs, an empty coke can, dirty tissues, and animal feces!! I took my keys to the front desk to check out and let the front desk clerk know about the situation.

I'm baffled. I really don't understand how this happened when everyone else seems to have good reviews.

On the upside, the staff was friendly, it's in a decent location and I enjoyed having Dunkin Donuts and Cracker Barrel so close for breakfast. And had the room been clean I would say it's a fair price for what you get. I can't recommend this hotel based on my experience. Even for a budget friendly price I expect a clean room.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank okifanoki04
We strive to offer all our guests a great, comfortable room at a reasonable price for our area. I am very sorry that we did not meet our goals for your stay with us. It is very unusual that we have fallen short in this area, and we hope you give us another chance to show you our usual service and cleanliness.
Ellisville, MS
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I checked into a Superior King Room at this Red Roof Inn on October 20, 2013 and checked out on October 24, 2013 (4 nights). I had a great experience in every way. The room was a large, clean, updated room with a nice faux wood floor (no dirty, smelly motel carpet here). Also, the lady who took care of my room, Cathy, was very nice and did a great job, really paying attention to detail! I really liked this Red Roof Inn and will most likely stay here again in the future. Thanks, Red Roof Inn, for a great stay!

Room Tip: For $5 more per night, get the Superior King Room. It's larger, has a coffeemaker, refrigerator...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
We are very happy that you enjoyed the new rooms and our housekeeper's care of you during your several day stay with us. We enjoy offering a comfortable, clean room convenient to all the fun events and areas to enjoy in Asheville!
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary by visiting the Biltmore. This nice little hotel was conveniently located about 5 miles from the Biltmore. There was a Cracker Barrel almost right next door where we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were newly renovated and 100% non-smoking. I don't usually care about the shower as long as it is decent, but this shower had great water pressure and felt almost like a massage. Enough so that I think it's worth mentioning (which is saying a lot for me). Free Wi-Fi in the room.
The ONLY slightly frustrating thing for me was no hair dryer in the room. They had them available, but you had to go pick one up from the front desk.
Besides this one little hiccup, I would have to say this hotel was a pleasant surprise to be so affordable and convenient to everything we did. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased you chose us for your anniversary and visit to The Biltmore Estate. We are happy our accommodations and service was just what you needed to help celebrate your special day!
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The front desk clerk was nice and so was the night shift clerk whom checked us in at a late hour. Close to Asheville and way cheaper than all the rest. Pass the Rodeway Inn and Comfort Inn and stay here, you don't regret it.
Room 124

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your choosing us in Asheville as we have recently remodeled, and offer a great room at a great price!