“Overall Very Good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Asheville West

Red Roof Inn Asheville West
Ranked #32 of 60 Hotels in Asheville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Overall Very Good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff was very friendly. The rooms
Have been recently remodeled and were clean (although I would suggest washing the bedspread). Two issues we had were the noise from other guest one night and the service staff removed our bag of snacks which was in a brown grocery bag that we left under the desk (maybe the thought it was trash ). We were traveling with a pet so this was a good choice for us.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
sfig, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Asheville West, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us while in Asheville. I am glad you found us to be a very good choice for you, and that you are pleased with our renovated rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I am typing this review during my stay. Unfortunately, I'm breathing in BLEACH! The room reeks of bleach. It was that way when we checked in, and it is still that way at about 11:00 at night.

I explained this when I called the front desk at around 10:00 pm on Saturday, August 10, 2013.. All I got was a lot of ummms. The woman eventually said that I could come get some spray.

Frankly, I was outraged that I had to go down to the office. If the staff here is concerned about their guests, why didn't she come up and investigate.

Well...lo and behold....after several minutes....the woman must have come to realization that it would be prudent to investigate. I reiterated my displeasure and was finally offered a downgrade. I asked her why I should accept a downgrade without any compensation. I told her that would be like buying a Big Mac and being forced to eat a Quarter Pounder with a smile on my face. The Red Roof Inn staffer said that she could not compensate because I booked my room through an online agent. According to the front desk person, Red Roof Inn doesn't know what I paid for the room. She said I would have to call the booking agent.

Well...I took her up on that. I called the booking agent. The booking agent called Red Roof Inn. The booking agent representative called me back and said that Red Roof refused to do anything.

Therefore I advise anyone who considers booking with Red Roof Inn in West Asheville, NC to look elsewhere. They do not seem to have any contingency plan if a room has an issue. They also appear to be extremely inflexible.

Fair or not....this is my first....and last stay at any Red Roof Inn. I only hope that this is not reflective of their entire organization.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank 4revetahw
I apologize that your experience was not excellent due to the bleach odor, as is our goal with all our guests. As we discussed the next morning, we had taken care of your issue, and there was apparently a misunderstanding in the discussion and resolution through the online travel agency. We regret that you had this issue, and invite you to come back and experience our hospitality and clean rooms.
Leusden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Of course I knew this was just a off the highway motel but it is just not my thing. Clean, nice service and all but noisy, rooms with pets, outside the town... I probably stayed to many times in Dubai, NYC and that kind of cities that I have to reconsider my next bookings. Good for just a quick night.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank TomWildenburg
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to offer our guests a clean room with good service at a great value in Asheville.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

A perfectly nice little hotel, right off I-40 and very close to downtown Asheville. Nothing special of course, but a very good price, and felt clean and safe. And there is a Cracker Barrel right next door, which may not be healthy, but sure is tasty.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for staying with us--I am glad you found your experience to be clean and comfortable for your overnight visit. Come see us again if you are in the area.
Goose Creek, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Red Roof Inn Asheville West is a very budget friendly, 2 star inn. We expected a run down, crummy property normally associated with 2star inns but were pleasantly surprised. For what it is, this property exceeded expectations.True to other recent reviews, the room we got seemed recently remodeled. It was clean, tidy, and modern. The shower and bath were ok, no moldy spots or much grime. The beds were comfortable enough. The extended cable advertised included HBO and some other cable channels but not the full spectrum of cable channels found at mid-range or higher hotel chains. The big plus for us is that this property is very pet friendly. No pet fee. There is a petwalk area in the rear of the inn with a covered picnic table and benches, poo sacks and waste bin. The weekend we were there, the place seemed very booked with lots of people traveling with their pets. The location is convenient, near a highway interchange, but far back enough from the main road that noise wasn't a problem. The back parking lot is connected to a Dunkin Donuts and Hardee's, which is also a nice convenience for breakfast. The front desk staff is very nice. A problem we found was the presence of ants. We'd left the dog food out overnight and woke to discover ants crawling over the food. That seemed remedied by putting all our foods into sealed bags every night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am happy that we exceeded your expectations with a budget friendly, clean hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

We wanted to spend the night in Asheville and due to it being a weekend there were not a lot of choices. We selected this hotel based on the reviews. Although there were somenegative reviews, there were more positive ones. The hotel has been updated since we stayed there the last time. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable but soft. I like the new look and the fact that they used laminate flooring on most of the floor - easier to clean. I would definitely stay here again. No complaints except there was no hair dryer in the room.

Room Tip: We went with the deluxe room for a bit more money. The only difference was we got a microwave and r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for returning to us as your choice for a hotel in the Asheville area. We are proud to offer our renovated rooms that offer a clean room at a great price. Hope to offer you our hospitality again soon.
Louisville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Don't let the older style exterior fool you into thinking this place is a dump. The rooms are great inside. Laminate floors, new bedding, flat screen tvs, everything was updated. The front desk staff was super friendly. The location is great; only about 5 miles from Biltmore and right off the interstate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joy H
I am happy that you found our updated rooms with the laminate floors and flat screen tv's to be just right for your needs and budget!