“Super Clean, super comfy beds, GREAT hotel!”

Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West
Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“Super Clean, super comfy beds, GREAT hotel!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have to admit, I was kind of hesitant to book a room at a Holiday Inn. It has been years since I have stayed at one, and I tend to be pretty 'selective' when it comes to hotels. I look for luxury and cleanliness. However, everything in downtown Asheville was super expensive so I decided to venture a little farther away from downtown and am I glad we did!! This hotel was so reasonably priced and amazingly clean. The rooms were far above what I had envisioned for a Holiday Inn. Super Clean, Super Comfy Beds, and LOTS of amenities. Beyond Pleased!!! Highly recommend! I had classes in downtown Asheville and it only took about 7 mins from this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello Shelley,

We are incredibly pleased to hear that we were able to surpass your expectations to such a high degree! This is something that we want all of our guests to feel, and it's wonderful to hear when we've succeeded. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences. You are welcome back as a valued guest any time.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Philadelphia
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was the best example of a generic Holiday Inn Hotel. The name of Holiday Inn isn't always a guarantee of excellence, but this is what the brand should aspire too. Rooms were comfortable, bathrooms large, beds very comfortable and it was quiet. I loved the large atrium lobby which made me feel like I was entering something a little grand. Staff was pleasant. It's 10 minutes from Downtown Asheville. Free Wifi in all rooms was good although a little slow. It's right by the highway in Asheville but you didn't notice any noise.

Room Tip: Try for an outside room. The inner rooms look in on the Atrium and pool, whicnh isn't awful.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Hello Scubbatripper,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you were pleased during your stay as our guest! It's always wonderful to know that we are on the right track to making our guests feel welcomed and comfortable. We would like to welcome you back to stay with us again any time.

Buxton, NC
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The rooms are a tad small. We had three people with two double beds and felt cramped since the closet is small and located directly next to the door. The hallway carpets and room carpets are worn. But otherwise the room was clean. Except for one young man who was helpful we found the front desk staff to be very unhelpful. Request for tourist information was reluctantly given and requests for decaf coffee at the complimentary table was flatly denied. The pool is located in an awkward area within the front lobby making it sort of an odd place to swim with a toddler who naturally would be loud and playful while swimming.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn S
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hello Carolyn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that there was an issue you encountered with our staff. We will contact you personally to speak more about this.

Again, thank you for your time.
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed October 27, 2013

WOW...Larry at the front desk was amazing! We straggled in at 4:30 am after driving for 7 hours. All hotels in the area were booked solid. We had come to town to see a model home we want to build, not realizing the entire east coast would be there to see the leaves that had really not yet changed color. He managed to get us in and was so helpful. The lobby was beautiful, the room was nice, there was some wear and tear on carpet, hallway walls, etc. but that is to be expected with hundreds of people making their way through. Happens at my own house! Our room was extremely clean, which was great considering how tired we were. Thanks again for everything.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cmason617
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
cmason617,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how happy you were during your stay with us. And thank you for your kind comments about Larry- we will be sure they are passed on to him. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our location! You are welcome to stay with us as a valued return guest any time.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 21, 2013

As the population gets older the hotels need to make adjustments in furniture. I am in my mid 50's but at the point of noticing that the lower the furniture the more difficult to get up from. Replace the low desk chairs with adjustable heights, remove the oversize wooden tv cabinets with streamline furniture. Update the bathroom tubs, these look like small residential tubs for the 60's. The mattress was too soft, and no support on edge of mattress. Even the lobbies need to accommodate the older traveler, not so low to the ground. Another problem that weekend, half the parking lot was roped off, very limited parking.

This is the first time in 20 years we've stayed at Holiday Inn, we travel atleast 50 days a year...this chain is not at the top of my list to visit.

Room Tip: Ask from room not facing lobby; especially when the interior pool is open.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cherrit_13
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Cherri T,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. We are so sorry to hear that our furnishings were not suited to your needs. We want all of our guests to feel comfortable when enjoying our amenities. Your concerns will be discussed with the management staff during our upcoming meeting. We appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention, as that is the best way we can be aware of how to better serve our guests.

Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at 8:00 pm after traveling for 9 hrs and all i wanted was Internet access and a hot tub and a glass of wine. Hot tub was not hot and was basically beside the bar so no thanks after I put my foot in and saw a bunch of people at the bar looking at me.. Awkward!

No Internet access at all. . I tried until after 9;00pm and called the desk (super nice and helpful) but neither me nor my husband could get access to the Internet on our phones, laptops or ipads for over two hours. I purposely booked holiday inn so i could get Internet because I knew I would need it for my clients after traveling all day. I had very important business to take care of and basically waited all day to get to a hotel to send import at documents and remote In to our home office.
I went to the lobby hoping wireless would be better but could get only 2 bars.
We tried until midnight and I was only able to stay on for a few minutes before being booted off.
Wireless is a joke there.
We stayed on the 6th floor which had a horrible stench and very dirty carpet. We had mold on our ceiling in the bathroom. In room 618. I will NEVER stay there again,.
Wen we checked out at 7 am I thought I might say something to the lady when we checked out and was waiting for her to ask about our stay or say something. She just took our signed stmt and turned away and said thank you and walked off,
The beds were nice and the room was cooled but it was musty and dank.
Find another place to stay if you need Internet!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank signalmom
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hello, Signalmom,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all comments and suggestions from our guests, as it helps keep us informed of how we can better meet guests' satisfaction. However, after reviewing your comments, we are not entirely sure that you stayed at our location. Our hot tub is located around the corner from our restaurant and bar, and is behind frosted glass panes and a row of tall tropical plants, blocking the view from anyone outside the pool and hot tub area. Though if your stay was in fact with us, we are sorry that you did not feel comfortable using our hot tub.

As for the internet, we are sorry that you experienced so much difficulty maintaining a steady connection; we understand that can be extremely frustrating, especially in a hotel! We have been undergoing some changes with our internet and cable provider, and it may have caused the poor connection you described.

As for the desk clerk not asking about your stay, we appologize. Your comments have been passed on to ensure that does not happen again, as we are always interested in hearing about our guests' experience before they leave, so we have the opportunity to try to make it right,immediately.

We would love the opportunity to welcome you back as our guest again, so that we may make it up to you and provide you with a better experience.

Again, thank you for your feedback.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend was one week before my Brothers Wedding. The Bachelor Party was planned for Asheville and we were incredibly excited. Being from the other side of the pond and living in this wonderful state we were very excited to show our family members what a wonderful place Asheville is. Unfortunately, the Wednesday before the weekend my Father, and Father of the Groom had a very severe stroke. He was in ICU from May 22nd all the way until June 8th. He missed my Brothers Wedding, the Bachelor party, everything. We tried to postpone the wedding but was too much of a hassle because of all the family members that had just paid a large amount of money on flights over. The bachelor party had to be cancelled. I called the hotel and explained the situation. The woman I spoke to clearly didn't believe the situation as she was incredibly rude, and incredibly short with me. I was passed through the different managers of this establishment, and nothing could be done. Apparently, when you book a deal through outside websites (priceline, travelocity, expedia etc.) you aren't allowed a refund on your money. I refused to believe this. I called Holiday Inn corporate and asked them about the situation to which they said "The only way to get your money back is to speak with the Franchise Owner." Heard nothing. I called back corporate after a week and told them I had heard nothing and she assured me that I would hear back. To this day, October 2nd, I am still yet to hear a thing. I lost over $500.00.
At the end of the day, it wasn't about the money. It was about the fact that the Holiday Inn showed no remorse whatsoever. I could provide them with whatever documentation they needed from the hospital, doctors, family members etc. and I was told that I was a liar. I generally don't write reviews but I felt that this experience is worth writing about as my Father, who is still in recovery, said I should do so.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Rayna L, Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Hello Luke,

We are absolutely sorry to hear about your experience, and all of the trouble and stress that you have gone through.
When our General Manager looked into your case, we were shown that you were refunded in full the same day you registered your reservation withdraw, so we assumed the matter was handled. We are very sorry to hear that you did not in fact receive any money back, and we are working to look into this once more. If you would like to contact us, we will be happy to work with you in further resolving this matter. In the meantime, we are trying to locate your case in our files.