“BEST hotel for visiting Asheville and the Biltmore”

Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West
Ranked #35 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful visit at this hotel. We stayed 2 nights in June and were thankful for the easy access to I-40 getting to downtown and the Biltmore. The Biltmore Estate is only a few minutes away.

The breakfast buffet here was way better than we experience at most hotels. It has potatoes, bacon, french toast, and probably 20 other breakfast items. The staff was also great and the room was VERY clean.

Each night we came back to spend some time in their nice pool and also the hot tub.

Definitely recommend to anyone visiting Asheville.

Room Tip: I think everyone is different but we loved having a walkout room close to their indoor pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Starks11

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Hotel is very nice, great staff,clean and secure rooms. Fire alarm went off and we had to evacuate, but staff handeled everything perfect. Fire dept.came but it was just smoke. All was well. I recomend this hotel because they were safe, prepaired and efficient.It was an experience!

Room Tip: All rooms are great, second floor is your ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

You even want to hang around the lobby in this hotel, with its classy, yet homey feel thanks to cozy couches and inviting fireplaces. Our beds were so comfy, the room was spotless and the view of the mountains was pretty good. The furnishings looked updated and fresh. the countertops in the bathroom were a very nice finish and pretty spacious. It took us about five minutes to get to the Biltmore from here. The only downside was our faucet leaked onto the floor, and when we let the front desk know, they only put a tub underneath to catch the water. Wasn't a huge inconvenience, but I would've liked a discount or something.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were a traveling family and had adjoining rooms. The hotel has had some remodeling and upgrades done. Very clean and comfortable rooms. The breakfast offerings were very good for the price. We wish we had more time to have enjoyed the pool. Would stay here again. Do not have hair dryers in the rooms yet so bring your own for now.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed as a result of a business appointment and thought we'd make a family mini vacation out of it. First, the reservations were made over the telephone because the online booking informed us there were no vacancies. There were. So we got a room - that was it. We were told we would get a non-smoking, double bed, with other amenities like free breakfast. Well, we didn't. Upon arrival we were told we couldn't check in until after 3 pm. So, I drove around for a while with my three children and we passed some time in various places, but when we finally did check in (they let us in at 2) I was informed that I would get a double bed, smoking and breakfast was an additional $5 because it was the weekend. Signs were everywhere advertising free breakfast at this particular hotel, but read the fine print. I was also asked to book with a credit card, but it was only to hold the room. My husband said he'd already paid with his card and did not even need my card. Anyway, we did get a double bed but the smoke smell was terrible. I had a headache the entire time. Not before and not when I left the room. Just in the room. Anyway, when we checked out, I was still charged $25 for "incidentals". There were no incidents and I was told it would be refunded the next business day or the following. I have yet to get it back, because I handed the desk clerk my card, because I needed to check in with my children who were tired and wanted to cool down. Just hope they refund my "deposit" soon.
I would not stay here again. There was too much confusion and our booking agents changed at least three times or more - a different person every time we approached the desk. They gave me the impression that they didn't need my patronage. That's okay. I'll stay someplace else.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank A L
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Positives: Slept well (beds comfy), didn't hear any noise--we were worried because they said hotel was at capacity. Pool area not crowded. Clean room and bathroom. Negatives: Needs updating--older decor and carpet, hallways reeked of stale cigarette smoke, pool was really cold (kids didn't care, but too cold for me and my husband to really enjoy) All in all, for the price it was adequate, we were just passing through town. "Average"

• Stayed: July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Andrea S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. We appreciate the kind remarks about our comfortable beds and clean room. We are sorry that not everything measured up to your expectations especially with the cleanliness of the property and hotel facilities. Your input will be shared with our management team to take into consideration for future upgrades.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This hotel appeared clean, however, it was run down (tears in the carpet, scuffed up walls, etc). Another "feature" is an indoor pool that is really in the lobby and restaurant. Some of the rooms opened up into the lobby area and chlorine smell was evident, even in the rooms; and overwhelming when you walked into the lobby.

Breakfast was not included and NOT worth the money charged for it, over $17 for two of us. Could have gone to the McDonald's next door for cheaper, better food.

The room was large and clean, but was supposed to be a handicapped room (which I needed) and there was a tub, not a walk or roll in shower and even though I could stand the sink was very tall - glad I wasn't in a wheelchair.

We had a king room, but not sure about their sizing - bed seemed much smaller. The bed was very comfortable, however, instead of pillows, there were four square pillows (felt like 10 inch by 10 inch). Maybe this is how all Holiday Inn's are? Don't plan to stay in another one.

Room Tip: If you don't like to breathe chlorine then ask to NOT look out onto the lobby. If you need a han...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Katie F
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Katie F,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We would like to apologize you were not satisfied with the room accommodations you received and our breakfast selections fell below your expectations. . We also apologize for the unusual smell of our pool facility and the condition of our hotel affected your stay negatively. We want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M