“Horrible customer service”

Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West
Ranked #34 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you like to book through discount websites, BE WARNED- This hotel's staff will treat you like dirt. Booked through Priceline and requested a non-smoking room. Called before arrival to confirm and was told no non-smoking rooms were available. At check-in I again requested a non-smoking room and again was told none were available. Then I overheard the guy checking in next to me. He had no reservation but requested a non-smoking room and got one. I asked to speak with the manager, who told me because I booked through Priceline I couldn't change my reservation as it was "pre- paid". I told him I had requested non-smoking because priceline doesn't guarantee room type, it's based on availability according to website and he refused to give me the NS room still. And this was the foulest, most burned up outdated room in the hotel. I'm pretty sure the staff took their smoke breaks in there, it was that awful. Also had our camera stolen from the room. Too many nice hotels in the area to stay here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bluegrasslass73
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear bluegrasslass73,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the service received from our staff and the room accommodations you were given did not meet your expectations. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Pam G

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed here while visiting the Biltmore Estate. The entire hotel has been updated. The rooms are contemporary and very clean and quiet as long as you are NOT near the pool which is in the lobby area. Pool is a nice size and clean. Breakfast is a nice buffet for $7.99 per adult. There is a separate menu for children as well as booster seats available. McDonalds is next door if you prefer that. All staff were very nice. Many restaurants are within a mile of this hotel. Beds are comfortable.

Room Tip: If you have children who will be swimming, be sure to ask for a first floor room near the pool. Thos...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I come to this location every April so that my children may compete in a Tae Kwon Do tournament. Last year our experience here was not that good due to an issue with the lounge and the front desk staff. However, it seems that is no longer and issue. The only issue I have is that they really do not acknowledge priority club members even though one the rooms I reserved was redeeming points from the club. With that said, the front desk folks were just fine with us. The morning breakfast was good and the wait staff was attentive too. I do however think that they remember us coming here every year. We did use the pool and had no issue with anyone complaining about us being noisy (as I have seen in a few other reviews). We usually stay on the second floor but this year we were on the third floor. I don't know if they updated the beds on that floor but they sure were comfortable. Also one employee, Annette stood out with us. Perhaps she remembered us from previous years but she made it a point to come over to the restaurant for breakfast and say hello to my boys. Overall something has happened here mostly with the staff. It was an excellent stay

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recentely stayed at this Holiday Inn and I was expecting much more for $140 per night. The lobby area looked nice, but the rest of the hotel is not up to par. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to put a pool in the lobby, but that was a terrible idea. The staff at the hotel constantly fussed at the children in the pool for being too loud. What do you think kids in a pool will do? Not to mention who really wants the entire hotel watching you swim or relax by the pool. Every staff member we encountered was rude. The breakfast is way overpriced. The air conditioning never cooled the room down. The bathroom had no vent and the lights flashed on an off for about a minute before they would actually turn on. Rooms are very small and the beds seem small as well. Not your typical Holiday Inn experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Ashlee B,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please accept our apologies for the condition in which you found your room. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We will be addressing the matters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.

Jaime W

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This has become my family's meeting place from now on. it is half way for my family in Lee County Va and me in Mount Pleasant, NC . The kids love the indoor pool and are anxious to use the outdoor pool this summer. The rooms are so spacious and so nice and the beds sleep wonderfully. The rooms are very clean and just great! The restaurant is wonderful especially for breakfast buffett. Great variety of foods and big lobby area to sit around and visit and watch several different televisions. We just love it and plan to keep on coming back for our get togethers!

Room Tip: wonderful views and balconies on 4th floor.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Recently stayed here while traveling through the area. For the price paid, I was a little disappoined. It wasn't bad but for some reason I expected more. The room could have used better lighting and the internet sucked (I need good internet for my biz). No complimentary breakfast (even as a priority club member). The front desk people were nice as was the bartender but I don't know if I would choose this location again unless the internet was working better and a better price point.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevator
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Creekguy,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am truly sorry for the challenges you experience with the internet service. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel was a disappointment - the lobby was nice and the front desk staff very friendly, but the room was not worth the price. It was also very noisy - could hear noise from the elevator, halls, lobby, and pool, all in our room. I thought for the price it would have been a nicer property.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear paular358,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I appreciate the compliments on the hotel lobby and staff. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of noise encountered and if you found the room rates less than satisfactory. I have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

While I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N