“Getaway”

Ranked #10 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Houston,TX
“Getaway”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I live in Charlotte and love to get away to Asheville for a weekend. We enjoy staying at the Doubletree Hotel right near the Biltmore gates. It's has been recently renovated. It's very clean and the rooms are quiet. A bonus is the delicious cook to order omelet breakfast. We also enjoy going to Biltmore and roaming around the grounds. Asheville is very artsy and foodie haven. There are many places that are interesting to explore.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank H7956FAlisaw

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Staff was helpful, and the rooms were nice and clean. The complimentary breakfast was the best I have ever seen. A wait staff to serve you, and made to order omelettes. Location is easy to get to - right off the highway. Also, very close to the Biltmore estate.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Amazinn
Asheville, United States
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I appreciated the late check out since I was running late but my key stopped working and I had to go get a working one to finish loading up my belongings into my car (which caused an even later check out). I did appreciate the fruit enhanced water, tea and extra towels. I prefer to have the sheets not tucked in so tightly to the end of the bed so my toes have wiggle room while I sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Meredith C
Naperville, United States
Reviewed May 16, 2014

It was a great experiance & I gave a 10 to the entire survey. Cannot say enough great things about the Hotel. Thanks again for a great stay :) I give it a five star rating. Staff, room, food all in general was great & I have not one complant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Lou Ann P
Reviewed May 15, 2014

The beds were the best!! Very nice rooms. Could have given away the coffee in the lobby but otherwise no complaints. The pool looked very nice although I did not have time to use it. Conveinant to UNC-A for graduation.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed at the Doubletree May 2-3 for a dance competition with my daughter. I have to say it was a wonderful experience! We usually compete around this time of year each season in Asheville. I have always stayed at another local hotel and been perfectly happy. However their prices seemed higher than usual and a Hilton Gold Member suggested that I try the Doubletree. It was so wonderful that I sent her a thank you card! The service was awesome, we were waited on hand and foot. I was in the tower on the upper floor, which is what you should request if you are bothered by dogs. I heard one dog at check in, after that it was never a problem. The room was clean and modern as was the gym. For me one of the highlights of the stay was the incredible breakfast. Since we were traveling with a Hilton Gold Member we were given a pass for breakfast and it was outstanding. This breakfast even puts the breakfast at Embassy Suites to shame. Since it is an actual restaurant, you are waited on and your egg order is put in for you while you enjoy many of the other options available. Fresh fruit, cereals, muffins...anything you could ask for was available. In Asheville and hotel with a nice breakfast option is rare. On top of all that, getting downtown was a straight shot. I will never return to the other hotel, we've found our new home.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by pets request a room in the tower on one of the upper floors