“Awesome Doubletree!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Awesome Doubletree!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I've been staying at this property for almost four years now once a month on business.
The staff and the cleanliness of this hotel is top notch, My business travels has me in hotels every week here as we'll as other locations in Tennessee from Johnson City to Nashville and Memphis, this has to be my favorite, I always stay at a Hilton property.
The servers and the cook that makes your eggs anyway you want them including the best omelets really do go out of there way to insure that your day gets off to a Great start.
The staff at the front desk are so accommodating as well, they make you feel right at home.
I totally recommend this Double Tree Biltmore as your #1 Choice when visiting fabulous Asheville N.C.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Hendersonville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Upon checking in for our one night stay, the staff was courteous making sure all our questions were answered. Typical hilton honors room upgrade was made and 2 free breakfast buffet coupons were given even though we were staying free on points. TGI Fridays was attached and we collected points by eating there.
Just down the street from the Biltmore House and Biltmore Village which has shops, restraurants, and historic churches. Tip-do not visit the Biltmore winery on Sunday until after noon. They are able to have the wine tasting and sell bottles but not before noon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

I really enjoyed my visit to this hotel. The staff are enormously friendly and helpful. My room was large and very nice, everything was new. I went to the gym and pool, both are excellent. As a Hilton Diamond member, got a free breakfast, which was very good with more options than your standard buffet. Location is pretty good, you can walk to the Biltmore village, which has numerous shops and restaurants. Overall I would definitely come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Helsingborg, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

First, the service is this hotel is surprising — in a good way.

It's not just that people here are well-trained. They are genuinely friendly and helpful, and they go beyond the scope of their normal duties. Two examples: One morning I went out to the parking lot after there had been a light snow. One of the hotel employees was in the parking lot scraping the windshields of guest vehicles. I dug into my pocket to tip him, and he refused, saying that it was his pleasure. What other hotel do you know of where that would happen?

This morning, I was sitting in the lobby with my computer. I had finished a to-go cup of coffee, and one of the staff walked over to ask if he could top it off for me. Sure, this happens in restaurants, but I was sitting in an out-of-the-way nook in the lobby, not the restaurant. It was a courteous gesture. He even asked if I used sweetener and dairy in the coffee. It was just a small thing but indicative of the type of service at this property.

I have to attribute part of the service attitude to upper management, from the general manager Andrew on down. Andrew is like the mayor of a small town. He knows all of his frequent guest by name, and if you spend five minutes talking to him at the front desk, he will have waved at or acknowledged half a dozen guests walking by. He seems to know everyone and certainly has passed down good leadership skills to his staff.

This hotel operates, on some levels, on par with the luxury cruise lines I cover on my site, avidcruiser.com. From the signature Doubletree welcome cookie (or an apple if you're counting calories) to checkout, you'll feel like something a tad more than a welcome guest at this hotel. You'll feel like part of a big happy family, and in many ways, that seems to be the type of hotel that management strives to operate.

It's the small touches that count in this big hotel.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the newer "Towers."
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MacMan34
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Im going to try to keep this review to a manageable length, but there is so much I could say about this property, and more importantly its staff, that I'm not sure I'll be able to... My wife and I took our kids and my nephew to the mountains for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary, and decided on the DoubleTree Biltmore as I had HHonors points to use and it was well reviewed here. It was the best decision I could have made. Even before we arrived I received a welcoming email from Andrew, the Front Office Manager, greeting us. I've never experienced this before and it set the tone for the entire weekend.
Once we arrived, check-in was a breeze and I was given a stack of cookies for the family and keys to our rooms. Now, I remember the DoubleTree cookies from trips with my parents when I was young, but having them again blew those memories out of the water. My wife loved them so much that she sent me downstairs our second night to ask if it would be possible to get more (no problem of course!). When we got to our rooms we were blown away as Andrew had upgraded one to a suite and there was a bottle of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries on the table along with a nice note congratulating us on our anniversary.
From there everything else was just amazing. The food at the Ducker Tea Room was incredible, by far the best we have eaten at a hotel (and as a bonus because of our HHonors status it was included). Fresh made custom omelets, crispy bacon, fresh fruit, fresh made pastries...... And now I'm making myself hungry just thinking about it...
Every person we encountered at this hotel improved the experience. From the happy and helpful people at the desk, to the great people at breakfast, to the staff we just passed in the hallway, everyone had a smile and a happy word and was genuinely happy to help us with whatever we could ever need. Did i mention they gave us more cookies the second night?
Other notes about the property: The pool was just the right temperature and my kids (and I) had a blast playing in it, the rooms were large and spacious and very comfortable. It is true (as many other reviews have stated) that the bathrooms were on the small side, but I didn't feel that detracted from anything in the least. We also greatly enjoyed the attached TGIFridays. Not only was it convenient, it was great to be able to have an adult beverage with my wife and not have to worry about which of us was driving. They even let us take them with us up to our room when we had to leave before finishing our meal to put the fussy baby to bed.
I will wrap this up shortly, but I would be remiss if I did not mention the beds. I don't think any of us have slept better than we did on those beds. SOOOOO Comfortable. I don't know if it is the mattress, the linens, or the ambiance, but they were incredible. That quality sleep and intense comfort alone make this hotel worth it.
So, in summary, I loved this hotel and recommend it to anyone traveling for any reason, work, play or both. Between the property and the staff you will not leave without a smile on your face.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
McDonough, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

My mom and I stayed at the Doubletree to be near Mission Hospital. The hotel was very clean and the beds were super comfortable. We were most impressed with the friendly and caring staff. We will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Belton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

Would definitely stay here again. Staff was very friendly and helpful, wonderful accommodations and it was extremely close to shopping and nice dining. We were able to walk to dinner from our hotel within five minutes. Fitness center was very nice as well. It had a nice array of equipment for a small workout room. We felt the breakfast was definitely worth the extra money in the morning.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple