“Should be named Bates Motel and not Motel 6”
Review of Motel 6 Asheville

Motel 6 Asheville
Ranked #56 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at the Motel 6 on Tunnel Rd. The room smelled. The bedding on one of the beds had dried blood or bodily fluid stains. There was a clump of hair stuck to the comforter. One set of towels, one little bar of soap and no shampoo in the bathroom.
Oh yeah it's right by the train tracks so we got to hear 3 trains go by in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank pktoi231

Reviewed September 19, 2010

This motel is less than a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway which I was I driving. I settled on the motel because it was significantly cheaper than others in the area then was surprised by how nice it was. No frills but very clean and comfortable with a friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Denny G
Reviewed September 15, 2010

I have stayed in a number of Motel 6s and have always found them clean but sparse. After all, they cater to us who want to save money. But this motel was smelly, sheets were dingy and the blanket and bedspread should have been replaced. The phone was on the dresser next to the tv on the wall opposite of the bed . I guess that was placed there to make sure you were out of bed when you got your wakeup call. Soap, towel & washcloth. Mattress was not comfortable & pillows were very thin. It doesn't matter about any reviews to the motel - they have never heard of Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeptemberDalton
Reviewed October 29, 2009

For the budget traveler, it was barely adequate. It didn't have simple conveniences like shampoo in the shower or a clock. It only had one chair, and no table. Their pillows were really thin, and I asked for an extra one and they said they ran out. Beds were not terribly comfortable. But it was cheap and clean, so if that's all you need then go for it.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2009

I always stay here when i visit my family in Asheville because they allow dogs. They all my big dogs to stay there at no extra charge. The rooms are not the worst i've stayed in, but they could definately be better. (i've stayed in worse in Manahttan) This hotel could use some MAJOR improvements. But what more do you expect for an average of $45 a night? I would only reccommend this hotel to people traveling with pets, or if every there are no other vacancies. (however the other hotels in the area would probably be rated the same) The nicer hotels are in Biltmore.

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank iwork2play
Reviewed June 14, 2009

very courteous staff, no real problems with the room or accomodations, however, if was old and just plain funky. stayed 5 days with another friend and we both had a lot of respiratory problems. i wonder if there was a mold problem?? the first night, it was obvious our roomed had been tidied but not really cleaned. we left a note for housekeeping and the issues were addressed. however, the rest of the stay, we had spotty housekeeping servic, at best. most days we just received clean towels--no one emptied the trash or made the beds. the motel is not really close to anything. there are a few other hotel/motels located nearby and a grocery store up the way, but you are not within walking distance of anything. asheville is an somewhat small town, so it is easy to navigate, but you have to drive everywhere if you stay here!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I stay in many Motel 6 properties so I can compare good and bad from the same franchise. This is not one of the better ones.

As soon as I walked into the room I smelled something musty, either old cigarette smoke or mold/mildew. Since the windows can't be opened, I figured it was mold/mildew from running the A/C unit and not giving the room time to air out. I stopped noticing it after about 10 minutes. It was late and I was tired, otherwise I might have asked for a different room that didn't smell.

The rooms seemed clean, although dingy. I found an old sock on the carpet that the housekeeping staff had missed. It was a dark color and the carpet was dark, but still, how do you miss something like that? I hope it was just there from the last guest and not there for a long time.

I usually have no problems with the beds in a Motel 6 property. These beds felt pretty firm and not very comfortable.

Finally, the wireless wasn't working when I stayed there. When I reported it the next morning the clerk just kind of shrugged his shoulders and said "yea, it hasn't been working for a few days". It would have been nice to post a sign telling guests that the wireless was not available. Seeing as it's one of Motel 6's selling points, it seems reasonable.

This property is just too far below the standard of a typical Motel 6 property. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo