“Met our expectations”
Review of Motel 6 Asheville

Motel 6 Asheville
Ranked #57 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We traveled to Asheville for Fourth of July weekend with the intent of a shoe-string budget mini-vacation (hiking, fireworks downtown, etc.). Our expectations for the hotel were low given the price point and limited number of alternative options. We did not experience the horror storries described in other reviews. The room was extremely basic, but clean. The hotel is convenienly located about a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway, and approximately a 15 minute drive to downtown Asheville. I would recommend if you are looking for a place to sleep on a budget, nothing more. For $60 or less per night, set your expectations accordingly.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Walt T

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The first motel I've actually checked into and then promptly left when I saw the room. It was very old, the room was dirty, the sheets were dirty, the bed springs were visible through the sheets, the motel grounds felt sketchy at night, and despite the after midnight hour and exhaustion from my trip, I could not bring myself to sleep even a few hours there. I got my money back and went across the street. I cannot recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a "good" room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank cm4delta
Reviewed July 16, 2014

after we had unpacked and settled in, i pull the sheets back to find long black hair, food crumbs and a few bugs! Then did the same on the other bed to find curly black hair and more bugs!Plus , when we got up the next morning our air was not working and it was 80 degrees!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike H
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We've stayed at a lot of Motel 6's and this one was the worst. Why do they only give you 1 hand towel when there are 2 of every thing else? (That's been standard at them all). When you walk into small bathroom the floor gives like you might go thru it. This is first hotel/motel where you can't drive all around it. You get back in the very back & you have to drive out the way you came in. If people park along the curb it can be difficult.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan W
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We reserved two nonsmoking rooms. When we arrived the rooms smelled like smoke, our room had no towels or washcloths, the other room had no pillowcases on the bed. Our room had old pretzels under the air conditioner. On the second night of stay the other room had no towels, and they did not have anymore towels at the office. Pretzels were still there. They do not clean very good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Booked online. Regretted my decision when we pulled up. The 3 buildings are in need of some serious attention. We were told that a dog show had been through last week and our carpet would be tattered. What they didn't tell us was that the carpet would smell like a doggy accident. Door jamb was busted on the front and bathroom door. My mattress was broken down at the point where you sit on it to watch tv and actually moved freely inside the cover. The good news is the ac/heater worked, those around us were quiet, no disturbances through the night and vehicle was there untouched in the morning. No harm no foul at the end but don't think I'd venture back this way again.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This trip my choice of motels was not going well. We chose this through booking.com and thought it would be okay. But when we got there we were 5 minutes later than we put down for our arrival time estimate and our room was not ready...not a problem. So they gave us another room and we had to go out and seek towels. The bathroom was not the cleanest and we got more towels and laid on the floor. Turns out later the sower drain and sink drain were very slow. Over all this was not the best place to stay so I discovered why it was cheaper. My advice pay a little more and get a nicer place to stay. Avoid Motel 5 in Ashville on Tunnel Rd..

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family