“Surprising”
Review of Motel 6 Asheville

Motel 6 Asheville
Ranked #57 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Cheap hotel for nearby VA Medical Center. The motel is cute- looks like little cabins; however, not decorated as such.

Clean and comfortable- just what I wanted. Very basic hotel, 1 towel on the rack.

Paid for internet- was extrememly slow- waste of money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank NoneReally
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Asheville

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Tunnel Rd.

Thugs in the parking lot drinking 40's . 30 year old beds and bedding. With hair in it.
we left.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank caycecherry
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I had my reservations booking at this motel 6 because of the bad reviews i found in other sites but i decided to give it a chance. The price was affordable and it was pet friendly.

The motel 6 asheville team are very friendly and helpful! I love them already, lol.

My room had a lot of space... and not enough furniture to make it look more inviting. Oh well... it is a motel 6... and try as this chain might change the look and feel of their motels.. it'll take some time till all motel 6's catch up.

I had doubts about my pillowcases and sheets since my friend's room's beddings seemed fresher. And... the blanket had cigarette burns. Oh well... live a little.

The location is good, close to the freeway but quiet. And just Asheville is such a pretty place to be in that this motel wasnt all that bad. I felt safe, the staff... for some reason i loved the staff, they were great!

Room Tip: i personally like the rooms closer to the front office, rooms at the back of the property seem isola...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank theraria
Reviewed April 5, 2011

My partner and I spent one night at this hotel. The rate we paid was different from the rate advertised on the expressway. We were given a room toward the back of the hotel, meaning very close to railroad. The room was barely clean, with musty sheets. I found hair in the sink, shower, and on the bathroom floor. We were given a handicap-reserved room (the hotel may have been full, although it did not appear to be). The tiles in the bathroom floor and in the shower were broken, making it a hazard to walk barefooted. It was also extremely slippery. The bed was adequate, but bring your own pillow if you like the fluffy type. Also, the smell from the heater was so bad we turned it off (it was a rather cold night). When we checked in, a train was going by.... very noisy. The desk person did not know if there would be more trains during the night. There were. Bring you ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank calemi
Reviewed November 11, 2010

This is a strange property. It does not look like most Motel 6's, which is fine, but there was something about it that gave me the creeps. There were some odd characters hanging around to begin with. They all seemed harmless enough, but I still felt uneasy. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. I am not really complaining. It was a bare bones Motel 6, which is usually the case, and maybe I was just jumpy because it was a windy, rainy night, kind of spooky, out, and I would probably stay again, but it was not the BEST Motel 6 experience that I have ever had.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed at the Motel 6 on Tunnel Rd. The room smelled. The bedding on one of the beds had dried blood or bodily fluid stains. There was a clump of hair stuck to the comforter. One set of towels, one little bar of soap and no shampoo in the bathroom.
Oh yeah it's right by the train tracks so we got to hear 3 trains go by in the middle of the night.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank pktoi231
Reviewed September 19, 2010

This motel is less than a mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway which I was I driving. I settled on the motel because it was significantly cheaper than others in the area then was surprised by how nice it was. No frills but very clean and comfortable with a friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo