“Worst meal of my entire life!! Run, don't walk!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #340 of 738 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Worst meal of my entire life!! Run, don't walk!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ordered several items from the menu to go and all were inedible except for the white rice. They are using old grease/oil to cook in and the food reflects that. I have never posted a bad review about a restaurant in all of my 50+ years, but this is warranted. Chicken was nasty and rubbery, everything just tasted like old grease. Staff was friendly but I would never recommend this place even to my worst enemy. I should have taken the food order back but I did not want a replacement meal. We threw away $35 worth of food because it was so gross.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank StephanieJ222

“Great Lunch Values”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Love the Hibachi Sesame Chicken lunch special. The food is great and the staff is friendly and attentive. Good value

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank DJ911
Port Hope, Ontario
“Always a Treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Food is brilliant - sushi and sashimi are the best.
Wait staff and the owner are friendly and helpful.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank healey100
Green Bay
“Oh so good red bean ice cream!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

after a wonderful supper wanted red bean or green tea ice cream. I was so excited to find it here. Personal treated us with courtesy and were charming for the fun request. The end of a perfect meal. Thanks

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Barbara O
Asheville NC
“Best Sushi!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is hands down my favorite place to eat in town. It's often overlooked by most locals (I know because I've rarely ever seen more than 3 tables full in the place and I eat here pretty often) but my husband and I always have the best meals here. The atmosphere is very calm & restful, nice music played low so it's not obnoxious, the staff is always friendly and the prices really aren't that bad for what you're getting. I always get the sushi because it's SO fresh tasting (you gotta try the Smoked Salmon - seriously, it tastes like it was just pulled out of the river and smoked on a campfire!). The eel is also really tasty. My husband loves the yakiniku -- we were here just a few days ago and he said "I could seriously eat this stuff everyday!". Their green tea is fresh brewed, not out of a tea bag like another popular sushi place I tried in town and they have the best green onion & mushroom broth they serve as an appetizer (free with your meal). I've been fighting a pretty bad chest cold this past week and this broth made me feel so much better. Another bonus -- they're a good bit cheaper than Wasabi Sushi downtown (though Wasabi is flavorful as well -- just more expensive).

• Visited February 2013