“Not much of a show”

Mikado Japanese Steak House
Ranked #465 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Not much of a show”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We took our kids there for the typical hibachi show. Let's just say the show was less than par. My kids still thought it was neat, but they don't have any prior experiences to compare it to. The staff was very friendly, and it was more than enough food. After the chef left, My husband and I both made the comment that the grill was too hot. My medium rare steak had no pink center at all. It was still good just not how I prefer it. My kids didn't eat some of the veggies either, commenting that they were overcooked.

• Visited August 2012

Asheville
“Cheap Japanese-American Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Just finished lunch takeout. What can I say about cheap Japanese food except that I wish they would raise their prices and improve the quality. I would compare this to the Chinese to-go places, you know the ones with the stock photos above the counter? If you're satsified with that kind of thing, you'll be just fine here. By the way, I asked for no mushrooms, it was written on the package lid, take a guess on the first ingredient I saw when I opened the styrofoam container... With this kind of food, you just pick through it and accept the waste of calories.

• Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst japanese habatchi ever!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

House salad dressing was good. Good soup. Gross rice. Soggy zucchini and piece of black grill scrapings in my plate of filet :(
Worst part is they said only 1 cook tonight so we didn't see them cool in front of us. Mushrooms undercooked. Steak overlooked. Honestly didn't look like it was all cooked at same time. Very disappointing. Also they brought wrong bottle of beer and messed up one of the 4 dinner plates. Walked out fast and bloated feeling although I ate very little.

Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

The lunch specials were reasonably priced, and plenty of delicious food, prepared Japanese style. The wait staff was friendly and efficient.

Visited March 2012
Puyallup, Washington
“Very good Japanese to go - in a blizzard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

Very few places were open due to heavy snow, so I chose Mikado because the lights were on. I was very satisfied. The food and service were great. It's a simple place with friendly staff and tasty food.

Visited December 2011