“Dirty room”

Econo Lodge Biltmore
Ranked #58 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Beware!!! I checked in and the room and it was dirty--pubic hairs in the tub, water stains on sink, floor not vacuumed, and VERY strong antiseptic smell that gave me a headache. Internet was so slow I could not pull up any websites. About 5 minutes after checking in, I went to the front desk, and explained the situation. The clerk apologized and said that housekeeping had gone home. that there was nothing he could do. I told him I was not staying, and asked for a refund. The clerk refused.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael T
EconoLodgeBiltmore, Manager at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

I would like to apologize about your stay and the problems you encountered. We have a new staff and new updated rooms, if you would give us another chance in the future I am certain you will walk away with a much better and positive experience.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Biltmore

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family had stayed at Econo Lodge Biltmore which is very convenient to the Asheville mall. The service they provided us with was very satisfying. There was a free and fresh breakfast in the morning and was the perfect hotel and location for a Christmas holidays!
Wonderful place, would really recommend and looking forward to visiting again to visit the mountains!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary S
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Very nice place for affordable rate. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful thoughout the check in process. The non smoking room was clean. There was free breakfast every morning and everything was near by such as a theater and downtown. I really enjoyed my vacation staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Nicely renovated! Had visit here two years ago and I must say I liked everything. The rooms were much more comfortable along with clean bathroom. The staff was excellent. I am very satisfied with my visit here.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great location as well as the place. I had stayed here for two days and loved the stay very much. The staff is great. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I would love to visit this place and stay again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Stayed here for a day and nice place I would say. Really like how this hotel was in a walkable distance with places around. The front desk staff was very sweet. The rooms were comfortable along with a clean bathroom. I enjoyed a day visit here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I have stayed here and its a great location and very nice staff! The rooms are very clean and really liked the free breakfast. I am planning a return trip next week and stay again, I really liked how close it is to downtown Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway too.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
EconoLodgeBiltmore, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you liked our hotel and location. We look forward to seeing you again.