“Good Location”

Econo Lodge Biltmore
Ranked #61 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had a meeting in Downtown Asheville and needed an overnight stay.I picked the Econo Lodge Biltmore for price and location. The price made me curious to what I would find once I got there. I stayed in room 212 and it was clean, slept well and has a refridgerator along with a microwave. The only negative was the drain in the sink and the tub drained slowly, other than that, it was good.
Best of all, it is only a 10 minute drive to downtown. I will stay here again when my travels take me to Asheville.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mlr8105

Reviewed August 1, 2012

If you want to stay near downtown Asheville and are on a budget, this is the hotel you want to stay at. Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable, fast internet. A little difficult to enter and leave the property with your car but for the price there's really nothing to complain about! I'd definitely stay here over more pricey options downtown.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank archiphoto
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I'm a member of Choice Hotel's and their array of hotels for the most part are very good. Econo Lodge is part of their network. On the day we stayed at this Econo Lodge Asheville was very crowded witht the Bele Chere event. Finding a room was not easy. I would not reccomend this particular hotel as there many better choices.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We made a mistake in our hotel booking at Marriott for the next day, so when we drove into Asheville late at midnight trying to check in, they said they didn't have our reservation for the night, and told me that I had booked it for the next day! We frantically tried to look for a place to stay since Marriott and nearby hotels are full for the night, That was just a nightmare for any traveller to make such mistake to realize that we have no room after 5 hours long drive!
I was very grateful to find Econo lodge at Biltmore Asheville that they still have rooms available for the night. I even got a cheaper fair than what Hotels.com gave me the quote when I checked in, and the room was very clean and most importantly, the nearby area was very quiet for a great night sleep! They even have free breakfast too. I think they really deserve a high praise for accomodating us in such short notice and even gave me a good price and a great night sleep. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NCSoccerMom2010
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at 1am, needed sleep and a hot shower after a long drive. We went off the review previous to this one. The bathroom area has been remodeled recently, the beds are comfortable. We have a crawling baby and she's not black from dirty carpets. The water pressure is good, and the water is hot, not just warm. Very good value for $54!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank nells36
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Good value and really surprised. The hotel seemed to have been updated and the rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Drake S
Reviewed November 24, 2011

The room was clean which was A#1 priority in my book and I was impressed we had free wifi, and a refrigerator and microwave in the room. The room could have used a little repair on the wall in the bathroom but nothing major-all the important things like sink, toilet, shower, heat were working fine. They even offered coffee(free in room coffee too), bagel, toast and pastry in the morning. I booked online and got AAA rate and it cost me $52 a night with taxes. I would recommend this for the budget conscious traveler. It was close to grocery store, and downtown for restaurants. The front desk staff was helpful too.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business