“Excellent service and great location!”

Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East
Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Excellent service and great location!”
Reviewed June 14, 2010

It was graduation weekend in Asheville. Unfortunately, my old-but-gold parents and I were not aware of this before we decided to visit the city during our holiday to the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad. Lo and behold, between 9 to 10 pm, we end up hearing, "Sorry, we have no more vacancies" from one hotel after another. Luckily, one of the employees at another Choice Hotel that was full called the Quality Inn for us and found out they had a room.

Although I wasn't very excited, Quality Inn on Tunnel Road was probably the best of all Quality Inns I've encountered. Sharae, who was at the front desk, is probably one of the most wonderful people in the world. She was so helpful in getting us a room considering the fix we were in. Although we were originally assigned a king smoking room for us three non-smoking adults, Sharae managed to work what I can only call magic and somehow get us a larger king non-smoking room that could accommodate a rollaway. If nothing else, I will stay at the Quality Inn over and over during my trips to Asheville just to know I am under the care of someone like Miss Martha Sharae.

The room was fantastic for a Quality Inn. The beds were comfortable. Even the rollaway bed was comfortable! There was a large desk in our room, a fridge, a microwave, a coffee maker, along with free coffee and tea. Toiletries were available and request for a bottle of mouthwash was readily accomodated. Probably the only issue was a missing TV remote, but that was easily rectified by the manager [we were too exhausted to watch TV anyhow]. The breakfast was more than enough for a motel: hot waffles, biscuits with gravy, hard-boiled eggs, some baked goods, bagels and corn flakes, with orange juice, coffee, and tea in tow. For those interested, there is a well-maintained swimming pool in the back of the hotel lobby area. The "business" area is small but does have a computer and printer for guest purposes.

There were really only four drawbacks (which weren't that significant anyway):

- outdoor bugs/insects: there are bugs all around the mountains and considering the outdoor facing doors on Quality Inn, you are bound to have a moth or some other flittering creature in your room. I want to be clear that the room is quite hygienic and neat and the bugs are NOT a result of bad room maintenance but rather the layout of not having rooms housed within an enclosed building.
- size of pillows: the pillows are the sizes of cushions, not your standard size pillow. Size does matter. Bring your own pillows b/c quantity will not make up for size.
- really loud air conditioner: probably one of the most efficient air conditioners I have seen [it took a humid 87 degree room and turned it into a brisk 72 degree room] but also one of the loudest darned things I have ever heard.
- can hear traffic very easily: you might thank yourself for your loud air conditioner as soon as you turn it off and realise you can hear every motorcycle and every car drive by, every person who walks by your room, every bug that slams against your window, and every leaf that falls. However, this is more a problem with the Tunnel Road location than this particular Quality Inn and might be different if the room were one that faced away from the main street [ours was right smack facing Tunnel Rd].

Overall, this Quality Inn stay was fantastic The staff [and most of all, Sharae!] was absolutely fantastic and helpful. The bed was comfy, and you can wake up in the morning and see the beautiful mountains around you as you walk to your fabulous breakfast. This is definitely a great place to stop if you are planning a trip the Smoky Mountains Railroad since you can enjoy the city of Asheville [which is about 10 mins from this Quality Inn] and then go onto to Bryson City. Also, be sure to request an AAA discount since it is quite nice. It's a great bang for the buck!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank willworkforhotelroom
CrystalCamacho, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East, responded to this review, June 23, 2010
I want to thank you for selecting the Quality Inn Biltmore East during your recent stay in Asheville, NC. I will personally thank Sharae for providing you with such excellent customer service. We are very fortunate to have her on our team! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with all of your feedback. We want to learn everything we can from our guests so we can continue to improve. Thank you again for staying with us & we look forward to your return!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Davis, California
Reviewed June 11, 2010

The Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East is conveniently located on the same exit as The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, adjacent to The Blue Ridge Parkway and very near The Folk Art Center, and about 6 miles from Biltmore Estate. The rooms are very clean, if a little small, and contain a microwave, refrigerator and TV. A complimentary breakfast that includes protein in the form of hard boiled eggs and sausage patties is included. Free wi-fi is available in the rooms, although we found it to be pretty slow. Really, if what you're looking for is a decent place to crash, emphasizing value for your dollar, this is it.

However, Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East might not be good for light sleepers. The facility is older, with room doors having street access. All of that convenience to I-40, The Blue Ridge Parkway, and Tunnel Road means some traffic noise invades your room and it's only magnified by parking lot activity. This was brought home to us by the fact that motorcycle enthusiasts, very likely enjoying a ride on a stretch of The Blue Ridge highway, left no doubt on their arrival or departure when innocuously starting and shutting down. Additionally, the heater/air-conditioner is one of those older contraptions that are about a yard long and make a terrible racket. One must choose between having the temperature at a comfortable level or sleeping in a din, which for light sleepers means no sleep at all. We turned it off upon turning in, but then I woke up multiple times because it was so hot.

None of these issues are the fault of the Quality Inn and Suites; they're merely byproducts of an older facility located near busy highways and roads. So, Quality Inn & Suites offers excellent value for the dollar, but if you're a light sleeper you might want to carefully consider whether it's an appropriate selection for you.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rockyhillgal
Thank you for staying with us at the Quality Inn Biltmore East, Asheville, NC. The staff and management of the hotel enjoy pleasing our guests and exceeding their expectations. Thank you for pointing out our convenient location just 1 mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway and 7 minutes to downtown Asheville. We are glad you feel we are in the prime location for a great stay. We certainly understand that the traffic noise can be an inconvenience & we do apologize for that. We also regret that the A/C unit caused some disturbance as well. We do hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Asheville!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I brought a group tour to stay overnight April 22, 2010. While the rooms are decent and clean and breakfast ok - one of my group was given a room already occupied. I also had a great deal of difficulty accessing the group tour manager when I needed to change check in dates and had to rely on the motel manager himself to assist me. While I signed an agreement contract for a certain # of rooms, one party cancelled late the night before and another did not show up at all for the bus the next morning. I explained that to the clerk when I checked in BUT - was still charged for the un-occupied rooms. I then explained this to the group tour manager - asking for a credit for those 2 rooms - but she insisted I pay for them, even tho we did not use them and even tho I was held accountable to pay for a room that was already occupied. This property was not full nor was it peak season. I do not feel that management here cares about PR or returning tour company visits - but are more interested in the few dollars they might loose by giving me a modest room credit. I do not think this property is managed by caring people, but rather those who are greedy and un-forgiving. I would not recommend a stay here.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
CrystalCamacho, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East, responded to this review, May 19, 2010
Thank you for the comments. We are glad to hear that you were happy with the quality of our accommodation and regularly host happy tour customers. However groups contracts are in place to guarantee the low room price you received for you and your group. Most clients review the contract and express their interests before signing the group agreement which indicated your responsibility for the rooms after the cancel date. You expressed disappointment in your being able to sell the tour to your clients since many families were dropping out and you were unsure of the final count of rooms needed, and also if the tour itself would take place. After the last day you have to cancel we cannot refund unused rooms because we turned away other guests for those rooms. We only intend to bill for rooms you reserved. Our records reflect the room you were given that was occupied was replaced with another vacant room for your guest. You asked for a cookie greeting, welcome reception, baggage handling, early breakfast, ground floor rooms, and a cheaper room price than was on the contract, and we accommodated all of this after the group agreement was in place. We did demonstrate care and reached out to help you. We hope you can consider Quality Inns again in the future, and hope that they will always provide good value to you and your customers.
Magnolia, Kentucky
Reviewed April 20, 2010

Clean rooms and large room with whirlpool. Only problem, hot water fizzled out before whirlpool got filled. Had small refrigerator and plenty of cups for coffee. Also had tea bags (my husband loves tea!). Close to restaurants (try Fiddlin' Pig and Corner Stone, just west of hotel).

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
CrystalCamacho, Guest Experience Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East, responded to this review, April 29, 2010
Thank you taking the time to reveiw the Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East. We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be neat & clean. We regret that you had a problem with the hot water during your stay. We appreciate your feedback & look forward to your next visit to our property.
WI
Reviewed March 20, 2010

For $60 you get more than what you need. Beds are comfy, showers are nice, everything is clean, great breakfast, room is a little small but hey its 60 bucks! Great for a night passing through! *they do have an outside pool but it was closed in march.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
CrystalCamacho, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East, responded to this review, April 1, 2010
We appreciate your review. Our staff is delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East. It is our goal to provide our guest's with a comfortable, clean hotel at a great value. We hope that you stay with us again soon!
Brentwood, TN
Reviewed March 20, 2010

We were pleased with the Quality Inn. It was in a great location near the mall and downtown. The location was also quiet. The last hotel we stayed at in Asheville was next to the Interstate on/off ramp, and it was so noisy at night that I couldn't sleep. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Also, the breakfast was good and included fruit, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, waffles, and breads.

However, we did have trouble with the internet. Although we could get connected, the signal strength was so weak that the pages would not load. The bed was also hard which was bad for my back.

Overall, our stay was good, and we will probably stay here again because of the reasonable prices and location.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We here at the Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us & found us to be an exceptional value. We will look into the trouble that you had with the internet connection. We want to be able to satisfy all our guest's needs. We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip!
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I stayed here last week and have stayed here a few times in the past ...late check out was not a problem...enough room to a get a tractor trailer into lot (if your a good driver) everybody I have met here have been great people...nice rooms comfy beds large bathrooms....always clean...only complaint is that the heater fan was very noisy but thats not too big of a deal if your tired ....I did not complain to staff but I am sure if I did they would have given me a different room ...I was already unpacked and ready to go to bed....not too big of a deal to me....restaraunts nearby...great price ...around $70.00 I dont remember exactly...you wont regret staying here ....I stay every time I am in the Asheville area

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
CrystalCamacho, Guest Experience Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East, responded to this review, February 2, 2010
THANK YOU for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Biltmore East, Asheville, NC & for taking the time to write a review about us. The staff and management of the hotel enjoy pleasing our guests and exceeding their expectations. Our hotel is so conveniently placed and since we are less than 1 mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway and 7 minutes to downtown Asheville we feel we are in the prime location for a great stay for our travelers. We are delighted to hear that you stay with us every time you are in Asheville! Thank you for your continued business & support. We look forward to seeing you again soon!