Comfort Suites Outlet Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsoutlet mallfront deskroom was cleanthe breakfast areasleeper sofabiltmore estatewafflesdecent hotelthe blue ridge parkwayfree breakfasttwo double bedswould stay here againshopping and restaurantsconvenient locationstayed one nighteasy accesswonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My wife and I stayed here on a stopover on our way to visit family. We were not expecting to need a hotel, so we did not book ahead. I did not realize the difficulty we would face finding a decent hotel in Asheville that was willing to take dogs. This hotel was our fifth try. I felt the rate was a wee bit high for the ($121 after AAA discount, taxes and pet fees), but it was late, and I was tired.

The Hotel is in a decent location, but a bit difficult to find. The signage is minimal. The lobby is nice and clean, and the service is friendly. However, they did not volunteer any discounts unless I asked for them by name.

The room is OK, but not a suite. It is a regular hotel room with a microfridge. (I never understood how hotels are now taking regular single rooms and calling them "suites" merely because they add a microfridge). The decor was clean and new, and the bed was great.

Breakfast was industrial, but at least it was hot. It was much better than the standard bagel and danish continental breakfasts usually found in hotels. It consisted of microwaved biscuits and gravy, as well as a few other hot items. In addition, there was cereal and yogurt. However, as a previous reviewer stated, the dining area does not have sufficient seating.

Overall, I will keep this hotel in mind if I am in the area with pets.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2009

Thank you for submitting your comment. It always a pleasure to get a response from one of our guests. I am so glad that we were able to acommodate you & your dog. Our Front Desk Staff loves to see our furry guests coming through! I do hope that you stay with us again!

Reviewed June 21, 2009

Motel is located way back from traffic behind Biltmore Square shopping center. Was difficult to see from the road. Finally arrived and the front desk person was manned by one person who it seemed could not manage to key in our card to the proper room. We had to go back and forth on the VERY SLOW elevator the 5th floor 3 different times before we could finally get in our room. Finally another staff person showed up late for her shift. The breakfast was fine but but the presentation room was very small..

Rooms were very nice, small bathroom, nice beddring.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends

I want to take a moment to thank you for submitting your review. It is always helpful to see what areas we may need some help or training in. I am sorry that you had difficulties with getting your proper room keys. It is our goal to make check-in a smooth process & I apologize that we failed in this area. I apologize that we were especially crowded in the breakfast area the morning you were with us. I do hope that you will come back & stay with us the next time you are in Asheville.

Reviewed June 16, 2009

Good place to stay the night. Very clean room. Employees very courteous and helpful.
Excellent location. Eateries close.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank You for sharing your good experience. It is very important to us that we exceed every guests expectation in value and quality of product and service. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff, as they will be thrilled to hear such kind words from one of our guests. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 7, 2009

I would only rate this hotel average at best. The bathroom was very small and the room was tight. The best feature was that it was quiet, the wireless internet worked wonderful, the A/C worked great and the breakfast was hot and plentiful. Heck, for $72 a night I really shouldn't complain. Eat at Harbor Seafood next door for a good meal, but stay away from the clams, too rubbery.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit a response. I appreciate your comments. I am sorry that you found the bathroom to be small but I am glad that you also found several good points in your stay with the A/C, full, hot breakfast & complimentary wireless internet. We strive to be a good value for our guests. Please stay with us again the next time you are in Asheville!

Reviewed April 20, 2009

We obtained this hotel for 3 nights through Priceline at $40 a night. With breakfast and wifi included, we felt that this was a steal. Our room was exceptionally clean and quiet (top floor). Breakfast was really good (and free) with a wide variety. The dining area was a bit small, but if it was crowded, no problem, we just took it up to our room. Dining area attendants were always very helpful/friendly and kept the room clean.
The hotel is just a 5 minute drive to the Biltmore or downtown. There are plenty of reasonable, family friendly restaurants within walking distance including a seafood right in front of the hotel and a really good Mexican restaurant behind the hotel. Some people were moaning that the elevators were slow, no problem, just walk past the fat lazy people waiting and take the stairs.

Our only complaint was the service of one of the morning front desk managers. The hotel is an obvious partner with the Biltmore. There are ads and placards throughout the hotel and in the rooms promoting the Biltmore and discount tickets . The room keys even have a photo of the Biltmore saying "Buy your discount tickets from us". We went to the front desk first thing in the morning to buy tickets and then go (was told the night before they will have them in the morn as they were locked up for the night) but the desk mgr. said that they had no tix? She then said they have them but they are locked up and won't have the key until the afternoon? Ok, should we just wait 5 hours? She really didn't seem to care, said she could do nothing else then went back chatting with the other desk person. I went to our room, made one call to the Biltmore # on the desk placard ad. In under two minutes I had the two discount tix at will call. The Biltmore ticketing folks were very surprised to learn they had no tix but even more embarrassed that the hotel mgr. had not the common sense to call the ticketing office, and that a guest had to do her job for her.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VAFOODY
CrystalCamacho, Manager at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2009

THANK YOU for staying with us at the Comfort Suites Biltmore, Asheville, NC. The staff and management of the hotel enjoy pleasing our guests and exceeding their expectations. The hotel is so conveniently placed and since we are only 1 mile from the Blue Ridge Parkway, 10 minutes to Biltmore and just 7 minutes to downtown Asheville we feel we are in the prime location for a great stay for our travelers.
I am sorry to hear that we were out of Biltmore tickets during your stay. We do partner with Biltmore to offer discounted tickets to our guests & due to their popularity sometimes we do run out. This is a special ammenity that we offer to our guests & cannot guarantee their availability. I regret that the Front Desk agent did not think to call Biltmore Estate for you. This is something that we have addressed with our staff so that they are better trained in case this happens in the future. We hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip to Asheville!