“Special Wedding”

Ranked #31 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Special Wedding”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

To all travelers going with your beloved pets. Here is where you want to stay. We arrived in Ashevill, NC Friday, Octobert the 5th, 2013, early afternoon, from our short visit to see our two grandsons and our daughter in Charlotte. Our experience at the Comfort Suites in Charlotte was so bad, it was my very first review on Trip Advisor.
However, this location in Asheville is what ALL HOTELS should strive for. Not only did they have a room ready fo us upon arrival, but we asked the young lady who checked us in could we see the room due our bad experience with the Comfort Suites on Mulberry Church Road in Charlotte. She assured us we would be 100% satisfied or we wouldn't be charged. We entered the room,#104, she was right on. This was so CLEAN, my words, prestine. The entire hotel, even where we had to walk our pups was WOW...... Please if you need to stay in Asheville, for just pleasure or what ever brings you there, and you bring your babies with you, PLEASE KNOW this is where you can stay. Because of the girl at the desk upon arrival I now have a voice regarding unexceptable hotels, never again will I travel without checking Trip Advisor for our stays. Another thing, it was so quite here at this hotel, big plus!!!!! All the service people were so friendly, and the breakfast was hot and very good.
Enjoy your visit to Asheville!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We certainly enjoy our furry guests and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We know we will see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Milan, Tennessee
Reviewed October 15, 2013

In October 2013 our motorcycle group (12 bikes) stayed at the Comfort Suites, Biltmore Mall, Asheville, NC. This is the 4th or 5th time we have stayed here. The rooms are clean and spacious, nice continental breakfast and fitness room, but the best part was the friendly and accommodating staff. Dana was on duty almost every afternoon and evening we were there, and she was awesome. The "leader" of our group prides himself on being crusty and assertive, and Dana not only took care of his every "request", but made friends with him and our whole group. She is a great front person for this hotel and this chain, and if all the Comfort Suites/Inns have employees like this, they are very smart! I can't think of a single thing that needs improvement!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate your business each year. Thank you so much for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. Dana is an asset to our company and she will be delighted to read your review. We will see you next time!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Okay...let me just start by saying I knew what to expect from a mid-level economy brand hotel, however what we experienced was far below those expectations. Planned a short weekend getaway with girlfriends to visit the Biltmore House. Knowing this was peak season, I was not entirely shocked by the rate, however there was some confusion regarding what i was told was a package with tickets and lodging, which I confirmed twice with the hotel and their 800 reservations, however when we arrived, this was not the case. The associate at the time was very apologetic and accommodating as much as she could. The guest rooms were okay, clean but the walls are very thin. Although we went out for breakfast, we did have coffee that made us run not walk to the nearest Starbucks! All that aside, the TRUE reason for my rating was the associate at the front desk upon departure, 10/6. This young lady was pleasant, however when I expressed my disdain for the pkg mix-up, in hopes of explaining that they should Make sure they are consistent as a brand, she obviously assumed I wanted money back and took a very condescending tone with me....this continued when I called the following day because their were unusual charges on my card...during her attempt to explain to me how the credit card system works, I was called sweetie"...Whoa. A major DON'T as far as I'm concerned, of which I brought to her attention. I know this young lady is not a total reflection of all Choice Hotel associates, however as the face for this location, she could certainly use some front desk service training in how to relate to guests!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We regret that there was a mix up with your reservation. We are also sorry that you did not like our coffee and found the walls to be thin. The Front Desk agent did not mean any disrespect and we apologize that you took offense to her southern term sweetie. Our goal is to provide superior customer service to all of our guests and we will use your feedback in bettering our service.
Fort Worth TX
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed three nights at this location and it was a good choice. Just about ten minuets from downtown Asheville, WNC Nature Center, the Arboretum and Biltmore Estate. Hotel ears clean and plenty of room in our suite. The bathroom was extremely small between the commode and the door. You had to also maneuver between the commode and tub. Adequate counter space at the sink. One nice thing about the little fridge was it also had a freezer that worked good if you need that option. Bed had good support which made for a restful sleep.
Wasn't too impressed with the breakfast because it had that on elate shaped egg with no taste. Turkey link sausage that was greasy. Make your own waffles, biscuit and pretty good gravy. Cereals, bagels, pastries, juice and coffee. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: There's a view at the west end of the 5th fl hallway but the room views are mainly businesses wi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chessiefortworth
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location to be convenient. We hope that you stay with us again!
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Only very good things to say about this hotel, in which my wife and I stayed for one night. The facility as a whole is very clean, well maintained and well appointed. Guest rooms spacious, quiet and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kevin K
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Happy and safe travels to you!
Asheville
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed here about 3 years ago and remembered it being much nicer.
Disappointed this time around. Seemed dark & dingy. Not as clean as I would think a Comfort Suites would be.
Location was good & staff was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Irene K
Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We regret that you did not find the hotel as nice as your previous stay with us. We work diligently to provide our guests with clean rooms at a great value. We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We hope that you will stay with us again to give us the opportunity to serve you better.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I checked in late at night due to being in town for business and the front desk person was above and beyond pleasurable. She was even understanding and humorous when I told her I needed to buy a candy bar from the lobby. The beds were amazingly comfortable as were the linens and pillows. The room itself felt very upscale especially with the large hotel. I appreciated the late 12 noon checkout even though I had to checkout before sunrise...I probably could have laid in the comfy bed all day. My only complaint was that the big curtains in the room didn't go all the way across so the bright parking lot light was shining in my room during the night but I was so tired I just closed my eyes and went to sleep. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kelsey G
CrystalCamacho, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Outlet Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Suites Biltmore on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! The navy panels in front of the window are stationary for decoration however there are black out drapes on the curtain rod right behind the set of sheer drapes. We look forward to seeing you next time!