“Worse Hotel Experience Ever!!!”

Ramada Asheville Southeast
Ranked #55 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina
“Worse Hotel Experience Ever!!!”
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone! First I was told the heat in the hallway was broken and would be fixed by noon or we would be moved. Then they informed me at 10pm that the hallways were not heated! It was pouring snow 19 degrees and freezing! The breakfast bar had "Biscuit and Gravy" on the bar. The Biscuits were hard and cold and the Gravy was ice cold! Than our cards would not work 3 seperate times and we had to go out into the pouring snow to get the keys reactivated at the front desk!! The beds were hard and not very clean. I was told by Natalie that I would receive a $40.00 credit at Checkout for all the inconveniences and my bill balance would be $16.06, but because she was not on duty at my checkout time the clerk on duty (who knew of the credit) refused to honor it! Even though she had called him the night before and told him of the credit. I asked him if he was aware of the credit and he said yes. I had to use the computer and the clerk on duty did not even know how to print something from the computer and did not know the hotels email address! It was the worst experience I have had at a hotel!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank hondablondie
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
We do not heat the interior corridor hallways , it was a very cold few days in the first part of December and I'm sorry you were cold. We do offer a microwave in the breakfast area to heat the biscuits, I have asked the breakfast attendent to point that out to guests in the future. We have new sealy posturpedic mattresses just six months ago. Thank you for taking the time to write. We truly do have many very satisfied guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 5, 2010

It was a Girls Weekend Trip and we thought the hotel would be "acceptable" just to rest between our outings. First of all, the hotel has NO elevator, so we had to drag our luggage up the stairs. The hotel as well as the rooms do not appear to have been updated in the last 30 years. The sheets and towels were worn to the point where they really need to be replaced. The ceiling of the room I stayed in was water stained. The curtains had holes in one of the curtains and the handle of the shower broke--not once, but twice while we stayed there. The only reason we stayed after looking over the rooms was we had pre-paid and they wouldn't refund any of our money, We had to ask for extra towels as we showered at least twice a day and we also had to ask for linens to change our beds as the staff just re-made the bed and didn't change the linen. The staff didn't wear uniforms, so we weren't sure if they were working or what...The picture of the hotel room on the internet is truly false advertising. I will not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank chillync
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 16, 2010

By far the best rate in Asheville at the time of our stay. Noticed some hairs in the bed, but that was after I jumped in the bed naked. Seriously I did wake up the next morning with another persons hair hanging out of the side of my mouth. Looked under the mattress for bed bug poop as I always do and found crumbs and a note with a smiley face on it, a good bit of dirt behind the bed also. Was very quite and I did get a good night sleep though.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, November 12, 2010
Sir or Madame, not too sure how to respond to that review. Glad you you got a good nights sleep. Come back and see us.
Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2010

During a three week road trip, we'd booked a stay here for two nights, sight unseen. Upon entering our room(desperately in need of a redo, btw), a smell, it turned out to be coming from a half-eaten TV dinner left in the rooms unplugged fridge - strike one. Strike two comes when the clothes dryer squeals a racket, then immediately breaks down completely after having been fed several quarters - laundry's still soaked - no options. Three: Walk over to, and find no-one at the reception desk for a resolve or refund. Four: While hanging clothing on patio furnishings outside of room to dry, notice a tremendous number of beer cans and bottles strewn amongst the adjacent shrubbery and grounds - nice touch. Strikes five, six, seven: Very large bug removed from carpeting next to bed, another substantially large bug removed from face @ 2:00 am ! Now, wide awake and removed to the couch, here comes a very large spider climbing up the wall from behind said sofa. Topping off this vacation enjoyment ? Numerous phone calls, with long hold times, in an effort to cancel the next night's stay and avoid being charged. Here's the kicker; we payed $130.00 for the "experience". Lesson learned.

4 Thank lovesgrub
Fairdale, Kentucky
Reviewed September 30, 2010

The staff at Ramada was the friendliest, most courteous of any place I've visited.
The warm, welcoming atmosphere was such a pleasant experience and the VALUE was an even bigger surprise! The free breakfast daily, hot tub soak at night and (imagine this) - best bath products, we had a heavenly vacation on a very modest budget.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2010
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Thank you for your descriptive and kind review. We hope you will come back and visit us again. We are committed to keeping our rates competetive and a good value.... DOS
Asheville
Reviewed September 11, 2010

The service was great, the cleanliness was superb, the continental breakfast was just OK. But we had a great time staying there. The hot tub and pool was great, the rooms was great. Some of the furniture has some wear and tear on it in the suite we stayed in but otherwise I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Please come back and stay with us again.
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2010

I was surprised to find out that this hotel does not serve meat on weekends for breakfast! The rooms are clean but with an 80's flair. The grounds and landscaping appear neglected (empty cans and trash in the bushes). When we arrived I checked out the bed and noticed left over dog hair on the sheets. I informed the front desk and asked for the sheets to be changed. Three hours later the same sheets were still on the bed. I again, went to the front desk and informed the manager of the dog hair on the sheets. It didn't seem to be a big deal to him. He told housekeeping to give me another set of sheets (which I put on myself) and didn't even apologize for the filthy sheets. For $140 a night I expect a lot than this Ramada has to offer!

1 Thank trip078
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. The Breakfast menu varies. It always includes eggs, cereal, danish, yogurt, waffles or french toast ,bagels,toast and on weekdays sausage. We are meticulous about our linens and cleanliness. Many of the housekeepers have been here for over 5 years and pay close attention to detail. That is not to say mistakes cannot happen. We do our best to make sure they don't. We hope you will give us another try in the future.