Ramada Asheville Southeast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Brookstone Lodge(Asheville)
Courtyard Asheville(Asheville)
1,194 results
All reviewss cafeteriawaffleshot breakfastone night stayclose to downtownratesinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was an spur of the moment trip to the mountains of western NC. When I made the reservations, I left a special request that a handicap room was desired. I am an amputee and when traveling, this is the hardest obstacle to overcome. We were pleased to find upon check in that we did indeed have a handicap accessible room, or what they claim to be handicap accessible. Most of the time when requesting for handicap room, the showers are easy to utilize and the toilet is raised, making that easier as well. The toilet was at regular height and the tub was a regular size tub, making it almost impossible to lift my leg over the edge. Inside the tub was a handicap bar...One may say well that shouldnt be a problem, until you place a shower chair in the tub... The incorrect hadicap bar for that type of tub, made the chair tilt to the point of almost falling over . As you can see, showering was a challenge as well as frightening... Please let me state that I do appreciate the efforts that were made to attempt to make this bathroom handicap accessible, but please use the proper equipment. I would like to mention too, after showering and getting out of the tub, the floor with the steam of the shower was very slippery. As an amputee, hoping to bring awareness to the world of disability, please take heart and realize that this life can be difficult and when traveling it would be nice to know that staying at your properties will not be an issue for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

We do appreciate you taking the time to write to us with the concerns during your stay. I have passed this information along to the hotel General Manager for his review . In the future, please ask for a raised toilet seat, if one is required and we will promptly provide you. Once again thank you.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Our room was unacceptable, it smelled terrible (it was a non-smoking room), the lights in the bedroom did not work, and the bathroom looked freshly used, complete with water on the floor. The hotel staff claimed the room was fine, when "housekeeping" inspected it after we left, which is a laugh, since "housekeeping" must have left the room in that condition.

We did not stay in the room for more than five minutes, but when we lodged a complaint at the desk, we were told there would be no refund since we had checked in for over an hour. Seriously? Then we were told the refund could not be issued because the general manager was not there (and hasn't been there everytime I have called since).

Since we booked through priceline, ($155 for the night!!) we called them, and they were useless as well, calling the same front desk person who was there that night and being denied a refund. Ridiculous!

I lodged a complaint with Ramada's Corporate office to get the same answer.

I left a message for the Hotel's General Manager to call me, but he's too busy to personally address complaints apparently.

We had to drive an hour back up our route to find a hotel that was 100% nicer for $55 less per night. ridiculous.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rich C
DOSRAMADA, Manager at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

We are sorry for any problems during your stay that was booked through an internet booking service, after speaking to the staff regarding your situation , they advised me that you were in the room for an extended period of time before lodging you complaint. The room was rented the day before and after without any complaint. Under these circumstances we cannot offer a refund. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

It's all about what you are looking for in a hotel. This property seemed to attract a diverse group of travellers. I should have gone with my instincts and just left when I saw the "no weapons allowed" sign in the run down lobby. But it was late and we were tired and didn't want to start looking for another place. The hallway reeked of cigarette smoke as did our non-smoking room. We were moved to another room which was better, and while i will be honest and say the room seemed as clean as it could be, it didn't feel clean and it was too run down for my taste. We had pre-paid for 2 nights and were given a refund for the second night (having declined the manager's offer to upgrade us to a jacuzzi suite). The property is well located but needs some major capital improvements.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jerseygirl1915
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. Please be sure when making an online booking that you book a non smoking room. We have a very limited number of smoking rooms available and they are usually the last to go on weekends . We would gladly have changed you to a non smoking building, however, we honored your request to leave at no charge to you. It is true, we are a no frills property, however, we do offer clean , comfortable and affordable lodging at very fair prices. We are located less than 3 miles from the downtown area, where the prices are $225+ per night.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have no complaints about this hotel at all. Check in and check out was very easy. Both gentleman that helped me were very polite. The room was exactly what I had booked and was clean. The bathroom was nice and big with a nice shower and great water pressure. There is plenty of parking in the parking lot too which is nice to not have to worry about if you come back to the room late. We didn't use the pool or eat breakfast there so I can't comment on that. All in all it was a great place to stay for a great price. I'd book a room here again no problem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Your response is appreciated. If you are reading this review, it is a very accurate one of our property. Our staff is very friendly and we are located very close to the downtown area. Our prices are reasonable. Our rooms are clean and we offer a hot complimentary breakfast each morning.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was surprised to find a great deal on the Asheville tourism website that linked to this hotel and since Ramada is a known name for service and quality, I felt extremely lucky. However... that feeling where if a deal seems too good to be true soon kicked in.
When we arrived we were given a ground level room which smelled incredibly like mold. I approached the front desk and explained that I had a concern and was met with the response "Go somewhere else." This took me extremely by surprise because I have worked in customer service for years and expected the clerk to ask what the problem was. The manager was very rude and actually yelled at me and my 6 year old son indicating that "this is what you get when you want a cheap room, go somewhere else if you want something nice."

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank CMD007
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

We thank you for your review and we apologize for any mis-understanding concerning your room, and while we do offer a very competitive rate , we do not promote ourselves as a full service property. We are not . We offer clean , comfortable and affordable lodging as well as a free hot breakfast for the independent traveler.