“No frills spot to lay your head.”

Ramada Asheville Southeast
Ranked #55 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

It's all about what you are looking for in a hotel. This property seemed to attract a diverse group of travellers. I should have gone with my instincts and just left when I saw the "no weapons allowed" sign in the run down lobby. But it was late and we were tired and didn't want to start looking for another place. The hallway reeked of cigarette smoke as did our non-smoking room. We were moved to another room which was better, and while i will be honest and say the room seemed as clean as it could be, it didn't feel clean and it was too run down for my taste. We had pre-paid for 2 nights and were given a refund for the second night (having declined the manager's offer to upgrade us to a jacuzzi suite). The property is well located but needs some major capital improvements.

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank Jerseygirl1915
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thank you for your review. Please be sure when making an online booking that you book a non smoking room. We have a very limited number of smoking rooms available and they are usually the last to go on weekends . We would gladly have changed you to a non smoking building, however, we honored your request to leave at no charge to you. It is true, we are a no frills property, however, we do offer clean , comfortable and affordable lodging at very fair prices. We are located less than 3 miles from the downtown area, where the prices are $225+ per night.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have no complaints about this hotel at all. Check in and check out was very easy. Both gentleman that helped me were very polite. The room was exactly what I had booked and was clean. The bathroom was nice and big with a nice shower and great water pressure. There is plenty of parking in the parking lot too which is nice to not have to worry about if you come back to the room late. We didn't use the pool or eat breakfast there so I can't comment on that. All in all it was a great place to stay for a great price. I'd book a room here again no problem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Your response is appreciated. If you are reading this review, it is a very accurate one of our property. Our staff is very friendly and we are located very close to the downtown area. Our prices are reasonable. Our rooms are clean and we offer a hot complimentary breakfast each morning.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was surprised to find a great deal on the Asheville tourism website that linked to this hotel and since Ramada is a known name for service and quality, I felt extremely lucky. However... that feeling where if a deal seems too good to be true soon kicked in.
When we arrived we were given a ground level room which smelled incredibly like mold. I approached the front desk and explained that I had a concern and was met with the response "Go somewhere else." This took me extremely by surprise because I have worked in customer service for years and expected the clerk to ask what the problem was. The manager was very rude and actually yelled at me and my 6 year old son indicating that "this is what you get when you want a cheap room, go somewhere else if you want something nice."

4  Thank CMD007
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

We thank you for your review and we apologize for any mis-understanding concerning your room, and while we do offer a very competitive rate , we do not promote ourselves as a full service property. We are not . We offer clean , comfortable and affordable lodging as well as a free hot breakfast for the independent traveler.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel is very clean, employees are all very accomadating, and helpful. The pool was fairly clean, had a nice view of the mountains. I was uneasy after reading other reviews, but the building I was in-at my specific request- was smoke and pet free, UBER convenient, view of the pool, had no issues of any kind. #225 in Building B. The breakfast was just okay, standard fare, in a very clean, friendly atmosphere. When I called to make my reservation, I was quoted an AARP rate of $63 per night, confirmed in an email, when I got home and checked my credit card I had been charged $174, NOT the $135 stated in the email. When I called they told me taxes had not been added, and that some fees would drop off.

Room Tip: building b 3 225
2  Thank 2cocoa
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

We are glad that you stayed with us at the Asheville Ramada. We hope you enjoyed your room and the nice views of the pool. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Never would I choose to stay at this hotel again. Recently, I was traveling with one other person and two pets and was excited to find such a good deal online for this property. However, I had an uneasy feeling before I checked in due to the property's disorganized website and the staff's lack of ability to send me an e-mail confirmation even after I talked to 5 different people!
When we got to our room, not only was it out dated, but there were spots along the bed and the walls that looked like it had not been vacuumbed in years! There were plastic flower petals, lodged next to the night stand (remnants from previous guests), the sheets were stained, the towels were stained, and there were literally bugs on the top of the bed sheets when I pulled the comforter back. Having experience and professional history in the hospitality industry, I of course thought it fair to raise these problems with the front desk personnel. However, when I told the associate of the problems, he replyed "okay" and did not even look at me for three more minutes, only to stare at his computer. This was incredibly unprofessional and horrible customer service. I would never recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank heartofdixie16

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do offer pet friendly rooms a competitive prices and we apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfactory. We do take your comments seriously and will look into your areas of concern.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel more than once and just stayed again this past weekend while in Asheville for a wedding. Parking lot is well lit and we felt safe and comfortable at this hotel. Right off the interstate but very quiet. Staff was courteous and breakfast was good. Overall a very good value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review.Yes, our parking lot is well lit and we have a safe hotel just, off the interstate. I will pass your words along to the front desk. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I would start by saying that the staff was quite attentive and accommodating. There was a minor mixup with our room, but they corrected it right away. In spite of being in a non-smoking room, there was that acrid, unmistakeable stench of cigarette smilie lingering in the room. There was a nice breakfast the following morning including some very good biscuits.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for review. If you are looking for a basic ... clean ... comfortable and affordable accommodations we are your hotel.... Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.