“It'll do, if you're screwed.”

Ramada Asheville Southeast
Ranked #55 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It'll do, if you're screwed.”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting the Biltmore in Asheville. However, we were expecting a little more than we got. The room was clean, but smelt a tad moldy. The walls were paper thin, but there were plenty of parking places and nice-smelling soap. The decor was outdated, and the breakfast in the morning was nothing above cafeteria style food (we actually walked down to the neighboring McDonalds to get better coffee.) I wouldn't suggest spending too much money on this hotel, especially don't splurge for a room with a balcony. Look around at nearby hotels, I'm sure you can find a better deal.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank maxine l
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. The Asheville Ramada has 175 rooms and we were full this weekend, the weekend of your stay, with over 400 people in house, with very few complaints. We offer very competitive prices and our rooms are very clean . I'm not exactly sure how do respond to the title of your review, however, we would be glad to have you come and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
jacksonville
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I was a little nervous about going to this hotel because some of the reviews were not complimentary, but I was only going to be there for one night, so I gave it a try. I was pleasantly surprised to find the staff friendly and helpful, my room was large and clean and the bed was very comfortable. I usually find small flat pillows even in some of the best hotels, but was pleased that my bed had substantial pillows. The hotel was a little hard to find because it is on a road that winds behind a somewhat new shopping center with several restaurants, but I just followed my GPS to it. It also was conveniently located in a retail area just off I-240. Very convenient. I'll definitely stay there again when I visit Asheville.The front desk personnel were nice, very friendly and, willing to help you in any way they could.
Bruce.

Room Tip: Check in 3/14/12 check out 3/15/12
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are very dedicated to offering clean , comfortable and affordable accomodations close the Biltmore Estate and the center of downtown. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to having you return again. I will pass this message onto the front desk staff....
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 14, 2012

My mother and I needed a place to stay while visiting relatives for two nights in November and one night in March. The hotel was not great in November, but was actually worse in March. (We only booked there again because of price and the availability of a handicapped accessible room for my mother.) We both had non-smoking rooms and when we entered my mother's it reeked of smoke. Her wall heating unit was incredibly loud and mine was so old that the labeling on the controls was not readable. Both of our bathroom sinks were partially clogged and mine would practically not drain at all. My toilet had a constant drip. Most of the stations on my TV were "snowy". The cooked components of the free breakfast were really poor quality. On the positive side, the staff is nice, the location is great, they have free wi-fi, and an ok fitness room. They are apparently undertaking major renovations, and the hotel does need it, but guests should not have to endure poor accommodations while the owners pull things together. We'll gladly pay a bit more next time to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review. I apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. We are in the process of renovation and many of things you mentioned are being addressed at this time. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.
Gladwin, Michigan
Reviewed February 15, 2012

The room was spacious and comfortable. The hallway outside the room needed vacuuming and mopping even though there were hardly any other customers. The whole facility is in need of updating but it did look like they were working on doing it. Location is convenient.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pat B
DOSRAMADA, Director of Sales at Ramada Asheville Southeast, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us.We are updating the rooms and exterior this winter, we apologize for the mess. We continue to offer a hot breakfast each morning and look forward to having you stay with us again
Newport, Kentucky
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We had reserved for two nights at the Ramada River Ridge in Asheville, NC in January 2012. What a disappointment! Dated decor, dirty hallways, separate buildings that require an outside trek to get to the main building, burnt out light bulbs, toilet that wouldn't stop running, cracked basins in the bathroom, dirty windows and uncomfortable beds. In addition, the hotel allows pets, so we had the pleasure of barking dogs. After viewing the room, we asked if we could cancel our reservation and were told, "yes, but you'll still be charged for both nights". The staff was less than helpful and could have cared less about our satisfation/dissatisfaction. The only positive was it was an acceptable breakfast bar and the location is good. Avoid a disappointing stay and find another hotel in Asheville!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Unhappycamper_12
We do appreciate you taking time to write this review.. I am sorry your stay was not what you expected. We currently are doing a lot of work at the hotel and our property is be updated
Irmo
Reviewed December 31, 2011

We checked in on December 25 for a 3 night stay. There are 3 Buildings, we stayed in Building A. That is most likely the building that allows pets. Their pet policy was reasonable and inexpensive compared to other properties that we looked at before choosing to stay at the Ramada. The location is excellent. Very Close to Tunnel Road and Shopping, and just a few minute drive to Downtown Asheville. I was a bit apprehensive as much of building A was in the midst of some renovation and such. They were cleaning carpet, and painting when I was there. But the staff, or contractors who are completing the work are not intrusive at all. There was no noise, or any problems at all due to the work they were doing to improve the property. The Wi-Fi worked perfectly and was complimentary, which was another plus as all three of us have laptops, tablets, etc. We never had any issues with that, and Wi-Fi price and availability are at the top of our list when going out of town. I am not a morning person, but my wife and daughter did have breakfast daily, and said that the options and food quality were solid. This was a family vacation including our 2 Shelties. A good time was had by all. I do not think you can beat the price, the room, the pet policy, and the internet capability. This hotel was exactly what we were looking for. The staff was very helpful as well. We will definitely be back as we like to visit Asheville at least twice a year.

Room Tip: We booked through my company travel planner at work. But I called the hotel after the reservation w...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Todd D
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Ok, here's the deal people.

-if your expecting a 5 star resort, your expectations are unfounded

-very, very basic and a bit outdated(that's generous)

-if your expecting a 'cheap' hotel then you won't be dissapointed

-the staff is very nice

-IMPORTANT-BAD location, stay near the Biltmore, somewhere on Hendersonville Rd. You will be much happier

-the bed was pretty uncomfortable

I probably wouldn't stay here again given all the other options I have seen driving around.

• Stayed December 2011