“A wonderful place to have our honeymoon.”
Review of Beaufort House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Beaufort House Inn
Ranked #10 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 29, 2009

My new husband and I spent 3 short days at the Beaufort House for our honeymoon. The owners and their assistants treated us like royalty and all of our requests were answered. We saw un-occupied rooms in a short tour and that gave us ideas for our next trip. Our cottage which was housed in a rennovated large garage in the rear of the main house was secluded and romantic. The two person tub was also a great asset to the room. The only thing that I would suggest as a change is the placement of the flat screen TV and the DVD player. It was hard to view since it was located so high on the clothes cupboard. Other than that we thought the price for the off season was reasonable and the service exceptional.

Reviewed March 29, 2009

I cannot rave enough about our stay at the Beaufort House. The B&B is beautiful and light, unbelievably luxurious yet totally comfortable. We loved hanging out on the balcony at sunset, lounging in the living room, and snuggling in our room. Chris and Jim create a warm and inviting experience where you really can feel right at home. They and their staff are in tune with your every need and really provide excellent service. Chris's cooking is delicious. Expect the Best!

Reviewed March 26, 2009

We loved our stay. LOVED it!

We arrived to wine and an amazing sunset on the porch. It was fun to sit around and talk with the owners Christine and Jim - warm and welcoming people.

The accommodations are outstanding. We enjoyed the room: great sheets and Aveda products in the bath. One nice touch, the room included a power strip which made it easy to plug in our computers and phones. Also, fast wireless internet. We couldn't hear the other guest at all. In fact the room felt much more like a boutique hotel then a b&b.

We loved the food for breakfast. The dinning room wasn't uncomfortable or cramped like we've experienced in the past. WONDERFUL COFFEE. They said most of the food was organic and locally grown. I could taste it the extra effort they put into the cooking.

It was close to downtown and we had a easy time going back and forth. On site parking was a big plus.

We will stay there again. I will recommend it to my friends and family.

-J&B

Reviewed March 15, 2009

What an amazing B&B!! I have stayed at numerous B&B's over the years and would vote the Beaufort House Inn the best one ever. From the moment we entered the front door until the moment we left was incredible. Rhianna met us at the door and gave us a quick tour. What was amazing was that she welcomed us to use the kitchen when ever we liked...which is usually off limits to guests at other B&B's. Kris and Jim, the inn owners, are simply the most gracious and friendly inn keepers I have ever met. At the end of our trip, we had to leave at 6:30am. Jim was awake brewing us coffee and even helped us load our bags in the car. The breakfast was FABULOUS! I highly recommend the Beaufort House!! We stayed on the 3rd floor and the rooms were spacious and the king size bed was comfy with high quality sheets. If you ever considered a massage, book RANDI who will come to your room and give you a tremendously incredible deep tissue massage. I get massages monthly and she is hands down the best! It will be hard to return home from not only the massage therapy but to leave the Beufort House and Asheville.

Reviewed March 3, 2009

The Beaufort House was spectacular! We went for a romantic Valentine's Day weekend, and it was worth every penny. The b&b itself is intimate and quaint, but not overly cute. That was one of my main selling points: no ridiculous attempts at recreating a Victorian house with doilies and all of that nonsense. The innkeepers have chosen a modern, tasteful treatment for the interior, showcasing the architecture of this beautiful house, unlike other b&b's in Asheville. The rooms are just as luxurious as those you'd find at upmarket hotels like the Westin or the Four Seasons, the breakfast was delicious and unpredictable, and the kitchen was open to guests--which was great for my girlfriend and I, since we both enjoy late night coffee. I highly recommend the Beaufort House.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2009

I stayed at the historic beaufort house again this past weekend with my wife and another couple and, I think I can write for everyone, had a wonderful time. Several years ago I started staying in B&Bs for business travel and there are a couple of places I visit frequently. There is a place in Huntsville that has the best oatmeal in the world (even if the owners are bit cranky), there is a lovely place in Rockville that is 3/4 the rate of most the local hotels and there is that interesting inn keeper in Austin. : )

Anyway, back to the beaufort. The first time I stayed here was for business about a year ago when I was doing work in town for the Air Force Climatology Center (by the way, downtown has free internet everywhere) but this time I came with my wife and some friends for a getaway, tours of the area, massage in the room, hiking, interesting meals at the uniquely local restaurants downtown, etc.

We had a great time and the B&B seems better than ever.

My experience is that inn keepers seem to get a little worn out. I understand why, but it does make me feel uncomfortable at times. I was just at a B&B up by Vanderbilt University and I felt welcome, the place was nice, but I didn’t get the feeling the owner enjoyed what she did.

The enthusiasm of these inn keepers (Chris & Jim) is contagious. They clearly love what they do, love their property, love their guests, and love living in Ashville.

We met some really great people from Atlanta that seemed like a lot fun. But, you can be alone here if you want. The rooms are very private, two dinning rooms, with 4 or 5 tables.

I love this B&B and the giant oak tree outside. There are also a lot of interesting things in this house. Unique fireplaces in every room, three floors, great kitchen, large porch with mountain views, cottages, etc. One afternoon I just explored the property and Chris and Jim seemed to welcome me poking around and asking questions. Chris even showed me the basement with its highly organized laundry operation.

Breakfast? Well, during my last visit I think I was only able to sit and enjoy breakfast once because of work. This time was different. Breakfast at the Beaufort House is really unforgettable!

I like to travel and I like interesting places and people. This is a great place to go if you enjoy the same.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2009

I enjoyed a "girls weekend" back in June and was wowed by the gracious hospitality of Jim and Christina Muth. I have lovely memories of drinking wine on the inn's big porch, scrumptious breakfasts, and leisurely walks into town to shop and dine. I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends