“Good sushi, great atmosphere. ”
Review of Green Tea

Green Tea
Ranked #221 of 784 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Good sushi, great atmosphere. ”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have been here with some friends of ours. There were 6 of us and we were seated promptly. The decor and atmosphere were great. It gives the feeling of stepping out of the ordinary the moment you walk through the door.

The soups and salad I sampled were average, but good. I had the chicken teriyaki plate and the eel and avocado shushi. The chicken was was presented beautifully and was delicious. The sushi was simple, but tasted pretty good; not the best in town, but closer than any other places we have tried. Everyone in our group liked what they had and we're satisfied. I am sure we will be back again soon.

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food Fantastic Service”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I first went to Green Tea for sushi seven years ago and enjoyed it so much that we go there for dinner almost every week. We have eaten at sushi restaurants all over the Southeast coast and none compare to the food at Green Tea in Asheville. We have never had bad service and actually feel treated like family. Sushi Chef Mason is incredible and a real artist. The food is fantastic and very easy on the wallet. The owner and Chef, Tony, is a wonderful guy! Go to Green Tea in Asheville for the best Japanese food on the East coast!!

1 Thank Seallison
Mooresboro, North Carolina
“Good food, creepy server”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I ate here a few years ago and loved it. We hadn't found an opportunity to return until this past weekend. While the food was still good and the atmosphere the same, there wasn't that spark we found on our first visit. Edison, our server, was efficient and patient. He took care of us very well. There was another server working the same day, though, that insisted on showing us stupid pictures on his phone. I'm not certain if this is what dampened our opinion of the visit, but it certainly did nothing to help. This was a meal to celebrate Valentine's Day with our family and, unfortunately, it was not memorable for the right reasons. I did give them a very good rating based on our past experience and Edison's efficiency. Green Tea: Please provide some training to your servers!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kramer6492
“Very satisfied”
Reviewed December 25, 2013 via mobile

We stumbled on to this small quaint restaurant about two years ago. Every visit has proven to be well worth it. The quality has been the best and service exceptional. For you fans of sushi, I highly recommend Green Tea. My son loves the udon noodles and the variety of vegetables that are served with them. The menu covers a wide range of food, so I am sure that there is a dish for everyone.

• Visited December 2013
Habersham, Georgia
“Excellent sushi!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The sushi was excellent and the staff was friendly and expedient! We got there around 6:30 on a Friday evening with no wait, but when we left at around 7:45 there was a line at the door of people waiting to get in, so be sure to get there early. Would definitely go back again!