All reviews rooftop bar salvation army homeless shelter front desk white noise machine highway side self parking road noise within walking distance higher floor corner room the breakfast area free breakfast per day indoor pool clean hotel valet service
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good location 5 minute walk to downtown where there is a great selection of bars & restaurants.
Hotel is functional. Rooms are spacious & clean. But is a faceless hotel typical Hyatt.
Breakfast is buffet so plenty to eat.
Their restaurant is very disappointing, it’s just a bar with over priced snacks.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
HyattPlaceAVL, Manager at Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! Thanks again for taking the time to leave us this information about your recent visit. Take care!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Had a great visit to Asheville and stayed at the Hyatt Place. Front desk was very acomodating and gave us room on the opposite side of the building from the interstate. The interstate side can be sometimes noisy. They have now started charging $12 per day for parking. This was not the case on my last stay that was probably a year ago. The breakfast was good and varied. Better than most hotel buffets. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2018

Very nice property in all respects except for the highway noise and strongly recommend requesting a room on the side of the building away from the highway. Well located and clean and comfortable. Bathrooms very nice

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattPlaceAVL, Manager at Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

300michael77, your satisfaction is our top priority. We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!

Jack Benton
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed September 9, 2018

Our first time staying at a Hyatt Place. Staff was great. Made you feel like a regular and very helpful. Checking in and out smooth and easy. Valet parking was quick and the valets were helpful with directions and restaurant suggestions. Nice rooftop bar. Good location

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Jack B, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

So very glad to see that your stay went well! The Hyatt Place Asheville/Downtown would love to have you stay with us again and again!

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

I stayed for a business trip for two nights. My room was not ready by check in time and was not serviced during my entire stay despite me asking the head of the cleaning crew. Furthermore I came back to my room to find door open (computers and valuables inside). I complained and they said not to worry as they had cameras and we could watch them, that maybe someone came in to do something with the lights. I was informed that nothing could “be done for me” as I had booked through third party Expedia!!!! Since when is this not ok with hotels!???? Oh, but I was offered to get comped for parking.... however I did not have a car. I did spend on sundries, they seemed to not notice. My point is not to get a few bucks to make me shut up. The hotel is overbooked and disorganized.
Technology in the conference room failed multiple times and the room setup was terrible. Don’t book for a conference if needing more that one small room.
Staff was attentive and room was clean.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank MCCutsa

From start to finish, this post pains me and the entire management staff at the hotel. Every point you have made is inexcusable and demands apologies. My deepest apologies to you and the entire group, directly. The planner and our sales staff have communicated, and the technology difficulties have been addressed. Moving forward, our staff will be read this review out loud, and each department will be given action plans to correct for all of our guests moving forward. Again, I am disgruntled to read this, but am thankful for your honesty and willingness to make these errors known.