“Friendly Service & Good Food”
Review of Papas & Beer

Papas & Beer
Ranked #80 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Massachusetts
“Friendly Service & Good Food”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stopped in while down in the Asheville area for work. Of the two Papas & Beer in the area this is the better one. The staff are friendly and service is good. There is a nice selection of salsa for the chips along with a bean dip. I enjoyed the avocado tacos - very tasty. The refried beans are ok but I prefer black beans and wish that they had an option on the bean selection. My co-workers enjoyed their selections and we all left satisfied.

• Visited January 2014

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Packed and I know why.”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We are staying near "Papas & Beer" in Asheville and we decided to try it out. the first time we tried was a Saturday night and the overflow, packed crowd wound out deep into the chilly January Asheville night. Those waiting were more dedicated than we were and they stayed and we didn't. We tried again on Monday and this time we did mangae to get a table. Lots of staff. Lots of authenticity. Great quality food. Great night. Sincere staff.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We love Papa's & Beer. The food is great and the service is fast. I recommend the Arroz con Pollo and any of the Burritos. The margaritas are yummy and the salsa bar is great!

Asheville, North Carolina
“PAPAS AND BEER”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have eaten at Papas and Beer often since it opened. On scale of 1-10, the food is 81/2. Today, we went and my husband got the Mexico City Tacos and they were absolutely terrible. The meat was dry and tasted old. He did not eat any of it after tasting it, but the waitress did not ask about what was wrong with it and he doesn't complain. I doubt that we will go back. I had the avocado burrito and it was wonderful. It would have been good if the beer glasses had been iced.

• Visited January 2014
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Good food, a little busy”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My fiancée and I went in here on a Friday night. We assumed it would be busy, and we were right; however, it was a little busier than advertised. We were told that it would be a 20 minute wait; it ended up being closer to 35.
The food was good all-around, although not quite as expected. My fiancée ordered horchata to drink, and though its flavor certainly resembled what we expect of horchata, there was a weird background flavor to it - almost as though some sort of artificial sweetener had been added to it. Additionally, my green chile burrito - while quite good - was far less spicy than I was expecting; however, that might have more to do with the fact that I was raised on Arizona Mexican food than anything else.
All in all, I would recommend Papas & Beer, but I would suggest that Friday night might not be the best time to go.