“Nachos Were Delicious”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Went to Papa's and Beer for dinner with a group friends. The salsa bar was incredible. I had the chicken nachos for dinner. They were delicious. It was an extremely big portion so I encourage you to share if you go. Margaritas were priced well and tasted excellent! I will definitely be back!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

If you are in the Asheville, NC area and are hungry for tasty mexican food, you need to go to Papa's and Beer near the Biltmore Square Mall. (They have 3 locations) The food is always fresh and hot and very very yummy! The staff is very friendly and goes out of their way to make sure you are happy. You get free chips and bean dip and they have a salsa bar with salsas from very mild to "Oh my stars! Where's the milk?!" spicy. My favorite meal is the California Burrito. It has chicken, steak and shrimp in it! It comes with very flavorful rice and lettuce and sour cream. Their fajitas are awesome too! They do serve alcohol but it is a very family friendly restaurant. They are very busy for lunch and supper so try to get there early or be ready to wait! But it's worth it! :) The service is fast though so it's not really that long of a wait. I don't think we've ever waited more than 30 minutes.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place has great food at a reasonable price, with the condition that I can count the number of overpriced Mexican restaurants I have been to on one hand. The chips came with a warm bean dip. There was a salsa bar with several different kinds of salsa to sample from mild to very hot. We ordered shrimp frahitas, which included 12 large flavorful shrimp and a combination plate including a sea food taco, which was delicious, and a chili reallino. Unfortunately the chili had very little flavor. The accompanying rice and beans were very good. This place seats a lot of people. It was packed and a bit noisy, but that's what should be expected in a family Happy Birthday song restaurant.

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This Mexican restaurant located in a strip mall is hopping with local customers. This is always a good sign and no disappointment here. The licals are onto something. Food and service was great. I had the cheese quesadilla

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Being from Texas I've had my fair share of Mexican food, and the food here is at the top of my list. They also have great Margaritas that are large and stout. Make sure you check out the salsa bar where there are enough salsa choices to satisfy almost anyone. Eating on the patio gives you a nice view of the mountains and the restaurant's garden. As others have said, the service is so-so, the two times we went (in one week) the bar tender was pitching in. The food is so good we didn't really mind the slow service, but that's why we rated it 4/5 instead of 5/5.