“One word - Beef Burritos”
Review of Papas & Beer

Papas & Beer
Ranked #88 of 784 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Asheeville, NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One word - Beef Burritos”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is not your standard Mexican fare. There is something unique about this menu. Unlike most of the other Mexican restaurants I have eaten in. Not boring at all.

Visited February 2013

Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
“Manager”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Turns out to be our hostess was the manager (isabel)! she was unbeliavable rude when my mother and I got there she took us to a table and we told her it was a party of ten....when friends got there she was rude about it and said she couldn't accomodate us since we didn't ask for a buzzer! When we asked her to apologize she said "Fine sorry!, are you guys happy now!" what kind of manager does this?! We immediatly left and we are never coming back horrible experience.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Joe B
Almonte, Canada
“Good Mexican Food at a bargain price !”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I agree 100% with the last reviewer (Greg R). The food is good and the portions are huge. I ordered the traditional Mexican Plate with steak. My wife had the Shrimp Enchillada. While waiting we enjoyed the fresh chips and sampled the different sauces from the sala bar. Service was very friendly and quick. The food came quickly and the plates are huge. Both meals were excellent. My plate was like a stew with steak and fresh vegetables in a very tasty sauce. My wife loved her enchiladas and found the grilled shrimp in them excellent. Both also came with sides of beans, rice and salad. We only got through about 1/2 our meal and took the rest for another meal. I had a draught Mexican beer which was also a real deal. Overall a very good place to get good food at a reasonable price. We will return.

“Good Mexican food, and lots of it, at a bargain price!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I really liked this place and will return soon. The atmosphere is nothing special, but the food is great...Exhibit A: they have an entire salad bar type setup that is a salsa bar loaded with all kinds of tasty salsas to top your bottomless, freshly made tortilla chips. The service was prompt and courteous. And it's all quite affordable -- you'll likely have plenty of leftovers to take home due to their generous portion sizes. All in all, a fun and delicious meal that is a great value.

Waynesville
“Best in the area”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Best Mexican in the area. I recommend the poblano burrito. Excelente! It is very good food served in very big portions (you'll have lunch for tomorrow too).

Visited February 2013