“Great California style Mexican”
Review of Papas & Beer

Papas & Beer
Ranked #90 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed January 23, 2013

There are several locations of this business, all owned individually by relatives, however they are not all the same. Each has it's own uniqueness. Some have excellent service and some locations not as much. They have a wonderful salsa bar. Definitely worth a try.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The wait for about 25 minutes and we were in the doorway waiting (standing room only). It was about 20 degrees outside and it was very cold. We were finally seated at a 2 top table and there was barely room for out food. As a matter of fact, we had to sit the chip basket in the seat. The food, as with all Mexican restaurants, came very quickly and was fresh. The food was good. it didn't really seem any better than most of the Mexican restaurants. The only difference to me was a bean dip they bring to the table instead of salsa and the they have a salsa bar. I expected the salsa bar to be like a salad bar from what I had heard about it..but it was nothing really special. i would go again if there was no wait. Otherwise, if there is a wait, I will go to one of Buffalo's, Cracker Barrel, Outback or Japanese restaurants that are right next door or across the street.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is a fun place. The food is good, and I especially enjoy the salsa bar with its variety of different salsas. My only personal complaint is sometimes it feels crowded and loud. Come at the right time though (when its not crowded), and it's very enjoyable.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a great time here! My husband ordered the Tortas Carnitas & A Dos Equis, and I had the Pulled Beef Burrito and A Mango Margarita. Everything was quickly delivered, hot, fresh, and DELICIOUS! Neither of us could finish even half our plates we were so full! We will be back next time we are in Asheville!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Loved the Chips and dip options, particularly the spicy pumpkin. And nothing like a big mug of very cold Dos Equis Amber. Entrée was very good also. Lots of food at good prices.