“Great place to stay!”

The 1899 Wright Inn and Carriage House
Ranked #13 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 22, 2009

The food was excellant. My husband has Celiac and Sandy was very accomodating.
Beautiful backyard to sit and relax. The room was very clean and cozy.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 16, 2009

The Wright Inn and Carriage House was the perfect place for my husband and I
to stay for a leisurely weekend get-away in Asheville, NC. Our room was immaculate,
and the mattress was heavenly. Included in our package were tickets to the Biltmore
Hotel.

Innkeepers Bob and Barbara thoughtfully asked about any dietary restrictions
we had prior to our arrival. When I explained that I could not have sugar, and was
dieting, and prefered turkey breakfast meats, the response was "no problem".

And so it was that my special needs were catered to during our two elegant
candlelight breakfasts at the Inn. The other guests at the hotel were a lovely
group of interesting folks, who we got to chat with during our breakfasts together,
and on the big charming Victorian front porch at the Inn. (Also, it was super easy
to log onto the wireless internet at the Inn with my laptop, to checkout local restaurant reviews and descriptions of attractions. (Don't miss the Tupelo Honey Cafe on College Street for amazing farm fresh local fare!)

Asheville is a great town to spend a weekend or more, with it's terrific restaurants
and shops, local gardens (such as the NC Arboretum: not to be missed) and of course all the colorful street performers/and action that Asheville offers. Take the Purple Bus
around town for a fun local tour with historic highlights and lots of laughs! Also be sure
to drive/and or walk around Asheville's Montford historic district (where the Wright Inn is located). It will charm you and you'll want to come back for more!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I stayed at the Carriage house for 3 nights with my children 8 and 11 and it could not have worked out better! The delightful manager had wonderful suggestions of activities for the kids and even had the name of a babysitter. I would highly recoommend this Inn to all my friends!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We liked our room well enough, we had The Powell Suite, and the inn is very pretty, but there was some sort of assistant whom the words "southern hospitality" should never be connected to. As soon as she found out that I ran a dance studio, it was not possible for her to be ruder. On our first night we were alone and in the house and lo-and-behold the air conditioning was off. Not in the basement where she stay but on our floor. One morning we did not eat our breakfast (our dietary needs that were outlined when we made our reservations were ignored) so the next two days no breakfast for us. She also made it a point to ignore anything I said to her at all even good-morning, and then would make a point of talking to someone else in the room. The inn's on the bus route so you hear the bus late into the evening, but otherwise the building itself is quite pretty. Although the owner apologized and offered to make it up to us with a free stay (that never materialized) my wedding anniversary was none the less still ruined by the constant bad behavior of one employee.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CelineSoCA
gizmo999, Owner at The 1899 Wright Inn and Carriage House, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2009

We pride ourselves in the relaxed, friendly, and welcoming atmosphere that radiates from our Inn as well as our staff, but no matter how hard we try, personalities sometimes clash. I feel this was the case with this guest. Even though I do not want to comment on the accuracy of the facts stated on the review, there is one statement that must be addressed. Upon discovering this issue, I immediately addressed the situation with the guests and a Certificate for the agreed upon resolution was immediately sent. We also made a telephone call to the guest restating our apologies and confirming the address. I am also at a loss in trying to understand why it took almost 4 months for this issue to resurface. I guess I was mistaken when I presumed that everything was in order. We always do our best to make sure that everyone is Completely Satisfied with their stay at The Wright Inn and Carriage House and should this guest decide to return, we will do our utmost to ensure that their stay is beyond pleasurable.

Reviewed July 28, 2009

This was my first stay at a bed and breakfast and my hosts made this a perfect introduction. The home was beautifully decorated,and the neighborhood was quiet and charming. It was lovely to have breakfast served at a gorgeous wood dining room table with candle light each morning. The food was good, but I was itthere was a less caloric choice available.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I just visited Asheville, NC for 3 days. The Wright Inn made our stay complete! Shirley was a great "hostess" ! The beds were beyond perfect for some much needed rest! And the gardens, just breathtaking and so tranquil. Loved the Montford neighborhood. Jogged each day....so safe and such a beautiful setting! We will definitely return!!! Many thanks to Bob for sharing his B&B with us!!!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2009

Beautiful surroundings, relaxed and friendly service, excellent breakfasts, knowledgable and helpful inn keepers. Hey, what's not to like about this vintage victorian bed and breakfast located in an oasis of a vintage neighborhood, just minutes from downtown Asheville!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple